Couple of Skinners I Just Gave Away

Discussion in 'Blades' started by Valkman, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

From LATE last night - I had a contest on The High Road for these 2 knives - they had to be for kids:

I wish my pics could show how nice these are but these will have to do for now.

For Doc2005 (member of THR who has a 14 yr old daughter who will use this for hunting) I used leftover giraffe bone and a 1/4" mosaic pin and it turned out wonderful:

[​IMG]

For ReadyontheRight (another THR member and this is for his son) I used Honduran Rosewood and it's also very nice - both knives have red liners and this one has 1/8" mosaic pins.

[​IMG]

Just have to clean up the blades a bit and put the logos on! [boozingbuddies]
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

2. bladefrenzy

bladefrenzy Monkey+++

Very nice work, I'm sure they'll be very happy to receive those! BTW, do you make any bushcraft style blades? Thanks,Steve

3. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Very nice!

4. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Not really, but I do have a heat treated blank that has like a 7" recurve blade. I'll have to finish that one.

5. bladefrenzy

bladefrenzy Monkey+++

I meant stuff like the Ray Mears Woodlore knife, full tang scandi grind . Around a 4 in. blade, drop/spear point. 7 in recurves are dam sexy though!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7