Court upholds Seattle's gun and ammo tax

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by ditch witch, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

From the Rifleman 12/2015 page 82.
    No mention of pistols or revolvers???

2. Legion489

Legion489 Rev. 2:19 Banned

Well of course it is legal. That issue was settled in 1934 with the ban on machine guns, which really wasn't a ban on machineguns, it was a TAX on machineguns ($200 tax stamp per gun) and THAT is money (tax) generation for the state, and THAT is legal.

What WAS ruled ILLEGAL was the 1986 BAN on machineguns (have to look up the court case; now looked up: US vs. ROCK ISLAND INC and DAVID R. REESE [773 F.Supp 117, Dist Ct., ILL - June, 1991], since it violated the 2nd Amendment and was a COMPLETE BAN on all NEW machineguns made after 1986, and not a TAX, it was ruled illegal. You see how well the gov't obeys it's own laws.

I for one am pleased that no people were involved in these killings by guns and cars, other then the people being killed of course, when done by these inanimate items. Now if we can pass a law that inanimate objects are no longer allowed to kill (or at least kill with out a human using it) we will be completely safe. Well when gangs, violent criminals, black, homosexual, Obummer supporters, dope dealers, pimps and other criminals are disarmed we will be at least.

Remember that Paris and Chicago are "gun free zones" and look at all the "gun crime" (note how the inanimate object is blamed and not the gangs, other violent criminals, black, homosexual, Obummer supporters, dope dealers, pimps and what not that are given a pass) that happens there. If Obummer said he was going to send troops in to Chicago and disarm every gang member, pimp, Obummer supporter and thug, I would support him 100%. But we all know that ain't gonna happen.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
    Mountainman and Tully Mars like this.
  3. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Problem would be....who defines "gang member"? I'll bet we are on that list.

oldawg likes this.
  4. Legion489

Just leave Chicago and if they ever clean it up you will not be bothered, whether we are on a "gang" list or not. Which begs the question, what are you doing in Chicago anyway? Or why are ANY gun companies in Illinois at all? And yes, I am 100% sure I/we are on LOTS of lists!

5. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

Not a penny of that tax will be used for the study of gun violence. It will spent on other liberal attacks on the second amendment.

Yard Dart and Sapper John like this.
  6. Legion489

OK, looked up court case that stated that the Machinegun ban of 1986 was illegal and added to above post:

US vs. ROCK ISLAND INC and DAVID R. REESE [773 F.Supp 117, Dist Ct., ILL - June, 1991].

7. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

How about we pass a new tax by referendum at our local levels...we'll tack an additional 10% flat tax on ALL income of any elected politician...and that tax increases by 10% per term.

Legion489 and Mountainman like this.
  8. Legion489

Only in DC, NYC, ILL, CA, WA. OR and make it STATE WIDE! Then local towns as needed.

1. fl4848
  2. BTPost
  3. BTPost
  4. Dunerunner
  5. Coyote Ridge
  6. OldDude49
  7. oldman11
  8. Ura-Ki
  9. oil pan 4
  10. OldDude49
  11. OldDude49
  12. Motomom34