Covert Banner Hang

Discussion in 'Politics' started by melbo, Nov 10, 2007.

1. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Made some banners with TN Andy a couple weeks ago.
    I had scouted a nice overpass that spans a very busy fall tourism road around me.

Plan: Hang a Ron Paul Banner off each side.

I waited until nightfall, rolled up my banners with pre-cut paracord.
    The road is closed so I had to park my truck and hike in to the bridge.
    Belly crawled out over the road dragging my banners behind me.
    Shit. Paracord too short for tieng off.

Quick trip to the store for some rope. I bet they wondered what my frantic rope purchase was for. Me all dirty and sweaty...

Back to the bridge, belly crawling back out to my banners. Tied one, tied the other, and let em fall over the side. [​IMG]

After hiking back out, I drove by to see if I could get a quick picture but it was too dark. On the way to a Turkey Shoot this morning I saw them up and flying proudly. Thought I might get a picture after the shoot so I kept driving.

Sadly, upon my return trip at 12:30, they were both gone. 5 hours of Daylight was all they saw. But I bet 100,000 cars drove under them in that 5 hours.

I might go back and just spray paint my message on that bridge tonight. Then again I have plenty of Tyvek.
    [​IMG]

2. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

Very Nice!

3. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

The tea is about to be tossed into the harbor once again.
    [gone]

4. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

I like that!! Clandestine campaigning!!

The Sons of Liberty ride again!!!!!!!

5. gadinort

gadinort Monkey+++

Driving along I-78E near Newark, NJ on Sunday, I saw a Ron Paul Revolution banner hanging from an overpass. I don't drive that way often so I have no idea how long it was there, but I was certainly glad to see it.

I-78 in that area has a average daily traffic count of 145,000 vehicles according to the NJDOT.

6. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

very cool...
    "sons of liberty".

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7