Cowboy Buys a "Bra"

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by GrandpaDave, Nov 30, 2011.

1. GrandpaDave

GrandpaDave Monkey++

Since today is a slow day here at work I thought I'd share a little poem with ya all...

Was written by Bill Hirschi

Cephus, dragonfly, BTPost and 7 others like this.
  2. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

[applaud]

GrandpaDave likes this.
  3. beast

beast backwoodsman

i dont miss takin my girls for that stuff one little bit
    thank god they grew up and do their own shoppin now

GrandpaDave likes this.
  4. GrandpaDave

GrandpaDave Monkey++

I remember the first time I took my little girl in for her first... found a sales lady to help her out... then made a bee line for the sporting goods section... later I remember buying a big baggy sweatshirt not to wear but toss over her new assortment of bra, just so no one would see me with them in my shopping cart....

so much for being a big tough Marine Right?

Cephus likes this.
  5. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Yeah...then some of us went and got married!
    First thing ya know, it's "that time of the month", and they want you to go to the store..I NEVER want to go through that ever again!

6. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Hey you guys... what a bunch of woosies..... I have shopped for all that stuff, in my time, for Momma and both girls.... took the girls to get their Prom dresses fitted, as Momma was off on a contract.... quit your complaining... It is just a FACT of Life, for Men with girl children...... ...... but I suspect YMM does V......

Cephus likes this.
  7. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

:flash:BS! Didn't happen, cause no woman would ever under any circumstance send her husband to purchase a bra. Hasn't happened in the history of mankind and will not...just don't buy it. Women spend years finding just the right thing and they do not trust that to anyone else; contrary to the species. BS!
    Feminine hygiene products? Sure, they'll send you after those with wings, and flaps, and tubes and perfume, and sticky-tape, and flowers, but never a bra!

dragonfly likes this.
  8. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Happened once. Came home with the wrong style (right size.) Wasn't ever sent again.

dragonfly and BTPost like this.
  9. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

She set you up to fail, Ghrit. It wasn't about a bra, it was a passive-aggressive means to get something else she wanted. You are an engineer, no wonder you didn'r see that coming.

10. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Heh. Well, checking the fit wasn't a bad way to spend a few, ah, minutes. (Don't remember the penance paid, but not having to go "shopping" again was a boon.)

BTPost likes this.
  11. limpingbear

limpingbear future cancer survivor....

my little girl is onle 2 so i got a few years before i have to deal with that. i dont mind shopping for mama though.....fitting rooms.....

12. gprod55

gprod55 Monkey+++

My old woman, (Oops wont go there, inappropriate for this forum.) Something about a race to see which one gets to the belly button first.

13. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I'm separated with three adult sons

They buy their own damned bras!!!

14. GrandpaDave

GrandpaDave Monkey++

Look this is just a funny poem...
    I admit I have bought my wife lingerie and lady sanitary things before... I qualify that by adding the lingerie was for Valentine's day or our anniversary... and more on the naughty rather than practical side.... I have no problems with that...

But when it came to helping me daughter out... Lets just say I was confused and uncomfortable with the process... so I shought out the expertise of the sale lady... that's what she's there for right...

BTPost likes this.
  15. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Dang, I am SO happy I am a lifelong batchelor with NO kids......

Don't mind missing THAT kind of fun.

Then again, a lawful chance to go perusing through Victoria's Secrets could be interesting.......

16. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

When I was 19 I worked in a Victoria's Secret in the mall and a lone male entering the store was always a sure sign of quality entertainment to come. Some looked like deer in headlights, others like kids in a candy store, but all went to scratching heads when it came to details like size.

The tricky ones would point to one of us and say "She's about your size, but I can't be sure without feelin first...." [LMAO]

Cephus likes this.
  17. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Hehehe.... Some years back, the younger ladies in my office were shocked when I knew what Gold Lame and Bridal Veil were.....

We advanced Scale Modelers used bridal veil to simulate 1/35th scale chainlink fencing! And nylon stockings make the BEST shoe buffing cloths in the Navy!
    Shoulda seen the looks we squids got buying nylons...... "It's for my.... uh.... girlfriend, yeah, that's it!"

[fnny]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7