Coyote Attack Footage

Discussion in 'Turf and Surf Hunting and Fishing' started by Quigley_Sharps, Jan 21, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Coyote Attack Footage
    This as the title of the video says is "the greatest footage ever!"

YouTube - Coyote Attack Best Footage Ever

The Adult Canadian language only adds to the footage. [​IMG]

Just think if it were 4 or more, or a wolf or 2 ....
    I would have made a nice hat out of it.

Cephus likes this.
  2. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

Great video!

3. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Nice fur coat there!
    I wonder if it would be missed?

4. snowbyrd

snowbyrd Latet anguis in herba

Talk about an IDIOT. Yep I want my kids or wife or gurl friends to meet that 'yote,
    they would shoot it! How ever that 'yote has now learned to attack humans.
    The photog is a jerk. Blood is boiling at this.......

5. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

I had a local "guide" give me a ton of elk bones following several hunts a few years back. I bagged all the bones and took them out into the desert, called a few friends and told them to get ready for the grand shoot!
    I placed the bags in 6 different locations and there were over 100 coyotes taken in one day. Now that's a lot of fur parkas!

6. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Monkey++

The language doesn't bother me.... I've heard it before but.... totally inexcusable behavior for an adult who should know better. The animal needs to be destroyed because of what he's done IMO. Will it back off the little kid collecting cans from local residents for a food pantry? How about the rural delivery person getting out to drop off a package....

7. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

I didn't listen to the sound while at work but it really looks like a man playing with his dog... My dogs always jumped and lunged like that when we played out in the field.

Maybe it's his pet yote?

8. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Monkey++

Body language on the animal seems all wrong for this to be a "pet". Regardless.... it has no fear of humans at this point and it's little more than a loaded gun sitting on a shelf in memory care unit. Some poor unsuspecting soul's going to get hurt by this animal.

9. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Yeah, that coyote has definitely been around humans before. And like Quig said, he's lucky it wasn't a pack.

10. Quigley_Sharps

When you go into to true wilderness animals have very little or no fear of humans, in Alaska out on the North Slope Arctic foxes will steal from you and try to right out of your pockets.
    Most people don't realize that an animals that's never seen a human isn't that scared of you. Then add hungry to it and your no longer on top of the food chain. then add a pack and it is disastrous for you.
    Wait till I post a video of Coyotes with Coy dogs, bet you never seen anything like it before.

11. Quigley_Sharps

12. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Monkey++

I've never been to Alaska.... perhaps it's different there with the Arctic Fox but I have been in what many would consider the true wilderness and I've simply not experienced this "no fear" of humans by a species that could kill me.... well... except for the twig eater with her calf.... she had no fear of me when she charged me. I have experienced this with animals that are sick or injured and I have experience it around camp grounds where humans stupidly fed wild animals which is why we avoided those sites when possible. One thing's for sure.... the range of the coyote is expanding.... there will be more negative interactions between coyotes and humans without the presence of a decoy dog or a hunter luring them out. I really think the coyote in the 1st video should have been turned into stew and a parka but maybe it's just me.

13. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

Total moron, what if it was coming that close because of rabies?

14. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

He's a very well-fed Yote - I'm betting the locals throw their garbage out for him.
    If that animal was 'playing' with me like that, my worry would be..... is the PACK circling in behind me!?

Down here in Florida, we have Yotes in our woods. I have been camping in the forest and had them singing all around me at night - letting me know I am on their turf! I WAS armed......

15. krieger

krieger Monkey+

My German Shepherd does the same thing. Same body language.

Tail at half mast is "play time"

If was was an attack, the tail would be up, the ears would be folded back and down and the teeth would show.

The isn't any nip and dancing around in a defense or hunting attack.

16. dabprod

dabprod Monkey+

He would make a nice pair of slippers. I've only been able to call one in for
    a shot and he's on my den wall now. These things are nothing but sharks
    with fur on them and have hammered our deer herd here in up state NY.

17. CoverBuster

CoverBuster Monkey+

A little 10mm action would have put that pelt on my lodge pole .

18. adhwks

adhwks Monkey+

great videos

19. mrs fish

mrs fish Monkey+

the first vid was good

20. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I think that's a Canadian playing with his pet.

1. martha_mill
  2. fjproductions
  3. Seacowboys
  4. Ganado
  5. madmax
  6. madmax
  7. tract
  8. USMCwife
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7