Cramps

Discussion in 'Survival Medicine' started by SB21, Jan 14, 2018.

Tags:
  1. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I've had 2 EKG's this week . VA did one , and I've got an outpatient surgery next week , so the anistesiologist did another yesterday . Both say they're good . But I've still got some weird pains. Got a stress test planned in a few weeks . Getting old ain't fer sissies .

2. rep1270

rep1270 Monkey+++

I get leg cramps at night most of the time. I think it has to do with not drinking enough water, but I am not sure. I started taking multivitamins but that did not help much. Then I started taking potassium and magnesium. The magnesium gave the best result but I forget to take them and get the cramps. I am now trying a multivitamin with 115% daily requirement of magnesium and will see what happens (the old multivitamin had 10%) I will let you know if this works better. I know that I do not drink enough water but I am trying. I used to drink a pot of coffee a day but that was not helping me. I was told water was better so I am trying that. I really hate getting woke up from a leg cramp at night and not getting the pain under control for an hour or more. Ralph

Ganado and Gator 45/70 like this.
  3. rep1270

rep1270 Monkey+++

I took the multivitamin yesterday morning and NO cramps last night. I have taken it again and will see again. If it works I will use it every day. A little history I take 7 pills from the VA and a low dose aspirin and the multivitamin. I make more on my pills and stuff from the VA than I do for my retirement. Ralph

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. rep1270

rep1270 Monkey+++

Well, two nights in a row and no cramps. I use Centrum (trademark) adult. I buy most of my foods from Costco (trademark) and have been taming mature multivitamins and thought I was OK now I see differently. I need magnesium in my diet so now I take the other with better result. I will take this for another week and let you know. Ralph

Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
  5. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

glad you found something that works Ralph. I personally am not a fan of Centrum as it does not pass the vitamin usage test.

My test for vitamins to see if they are a waste of money or if the body can access them is to put one pill in a glass of room temp water over nite. if the pill isnt dissolved the pill is probably passing thru your body within a day and you are not getting maximum usage out of it.

if you need extra magnesium Epsom salt foot soaks are easy or you can get
    this type of magnesium and make magnesium oil by mixing 1 part water to 1 part magnesium
    Amazon.com: magnesium flakes ancient minerals

If your arm pits are smelly alot you can spray magnesium oil on them and it helps contain the bacteria that causes the smell without causing clogged pores or stopping sweating.

Gator 45/70, SB21 and oldawg like this.
  6. BenP

BenP Monkey++

I don't take them every night, I have learned to expect cramps if I have been sweating all day cutting firewood or something along those lines.

Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
  7. rep1270

rep1270 Monkey+++

Well, I have not had cramps at night but I get them once in a while in the morning after I get up if I did not drink enough water (not tea, coffee or Gatorade) the day before. It took some time before I got to this point but not having cramps at night is more than worth it. One of the pills I take is for water and hart and I think others remove or restrict magnesium intake and the main cause of cramps is dehydration, low potassium, and low magnesium. So I think I now covered until something else comes up. This is what worked for me. Your results could be different. Thanks for reading. Ralph

SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  8. rep1270

rep1270 Monkey+++

I take a bunch of pills every day so adding a couple makes no difference. As I get older pills are the breakfast of champions. Ralph

SB21, Zimmy and Gator 45/70 like this.
  9. rep1270

rep1270 Monkey+++

Well, I can not read without my glasses. I read the ingredients again with my glasses and it is manganese that is 115% not magnesium. I have not had the cramps like before so, I'm back where I started but with no cramps. I just don't know. Ralph

Ganado likes this.
  10. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

4-6 ouz a night of tonic water with quinin works
    [​IMG]

ive tried the cheap infused tonic waters and they just dont cut it. you have to use one of these.
    the two in the middle Fentimans and Fever-Tree seem to work the best.

SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  1. Alanaana
  2. Alanaana
    Media

Home_gym

I love my home gym!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 27, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  3. Alanaana
    Media

Jungle_gym

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 27, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  4. Ariasmith
  5. Alanaana
    Alleyjandra has life figured out!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Nov 29, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  6. Alanaana
  7. Alanaana
  8. Alanaana
    Media

Thankful

I feel so thankful for my life and each new day.
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, May 22, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  9. Alanaana
  10. Alanaana
  11. Alanaana
  12. jefferson
  13. Alanaana
  14. jefferson
  15. fl4848
  16. hot diggity
  17. HK_User
  18. Ganado
  19. Ganado
  20. Meat