CRC The Fellow ParrotHead Said It Was Okay to Post This

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rvulcan500, Nov 12, 2005.

1. rvulcan500

rvulcan500 Monkey+++ Founding Member

Hello everyone sorry about not writing in a spell.
    Long story short. I wrte a letter to Jimmy Buffett bascially telling him how he and my son influenced my decision on what I want to do when I go back to work and how the decision was made.
    I all wrote to him about the last three xmases and this one coming up, how happy it is for our kids and how depressing it is for my wife and myself. ( if you are curiouse enought to here the whole story I will tell you).
    Last I told him about the generation gap he crossed in my family. 4 generations of people from my grandmother to my children listen to Mr. Buffett
    We can't go anywhere without bringing a tape or cd along, Buffett music is alway on in the house.
    Acouple of days ago I got a package and in it was better than gold. We got a handpicked Cd by Mr. Buffett and we got and autograph picture with a messaged to Paula and myself. That was the best present ever.
    I just wanted to share this with all of you because when your life looks hopeless something good could always happen.
    Ric
    P.S. There are more than 1 ParrotHead on this Board. Watch out. :shock:

2. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Y'all...I "met" Ric on ar15..and then another site...He has a lot of info and has been very helpful to me!

Besides being so helpful with firearm help and information, he makes custom covers ...TLynn? I think you may have seen pictures of them.....all different camo covers....some being used by some of the troops in Iraq....

Well..when I did my first build...my very first AR...he made "Custom" covers for me....

Oh god..I can't say this with a straight face............

Pink Flamingo covers...(I guess if I am hunting in the Everglades , looking for flamingo's , I'll be fine) :lol:

What a great parrothead thing to do! Somehow an AR with flamingo's on it...well..it was just me. [ROFL]

Done quite a few trades and things with him..and had the pleasure of spending an evening with him , his wife and family last Summer , in Vermont......I was already in upstate NY...just took the ferry over and we cooked out...

Welcome Ric...drop by more often.....

3. TLynn

TLynn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Yep, I've seen the covers (I hate pink but that's just me), the others are way cool CRC.

Welcome rvulcan to Survival Monkey.

[cof]

4. rvulcan500

I plan to drop in more often and so does my son Alex.
    Ric

5. sniper-66

sniper-66 Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Welcom aboard Ric

6. CRC

No..it was just so funny to me...so incongruous! The AR and Pink Flamingo's...??

To combine me being a parrothead along with my first build was just sort of fitting and proper..

7. magnus392

magnus392 Field Marshall Mags Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Welcome to SM Ric, if you ever wanna shoot the bull holler at me;)

8. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

Great Story..... and Welcome!

9. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Welcome Aboard [beer]

10. rvulcan500

I though I'd give you all an update of where I'm at. I CAN'T GO TO DIVING SCHOOL. I was ganged upon by my doc, shrink, and voc/rehab person. They won't recommend me to go because my bi-polar is acting up. I was told I was cycling to fast and uncontrolled.? wouldn't you have trouble too if you where put through as many hoops as I been. Trying to find money to go. We resorted to finding grants (fed) and such on our own beasue we could not pay for help. We read and read and read. After all the latenights and crap woudn't you have a problem too?
    They have a plan for me they will tell me next week at my next appointment.
    Ric

11. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

We'll hold good thoughts for you.

12. CRC

I'm so sorry Ric.....like she said.....Sending Good Thoughts your way....

will call over the holiday....

13. rvulcan500

Connie,
    Sent you an e-mail
    Ric

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7