Criminalizing homelessness

Discussion in 'Off Grid Living' started by GhostX, Oct 18, 2016.

Tags:
  1. avagdu

avagdu Monkey++

I prefer the term 'home free' as mentioned by one of my friends that spent a lot of time on roof tops in the Kalifornia bay area. About a year later I would find myself in a similar situation living out of my truck. If I was caught I would have probably been fined and/or arrested and shipped off to the next town over 30 minutes away because there are no homeless shelters in my area. I avoided this by being discrete and getting permission from private land owners to park nearby. If there was not a forest fire in the area a few months prior I would have parked in the national forest to avoid burdening anyone.

Homer Simpson likes this.
  2. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

As I said sometimes life hands you things... making it a crime to be homeless IMHO is totally against the original intent of the Constitution and Bill of Rights...

sure some homeless people are a problem but not all...

sometimes you fall through the cracks and have to find a way out...

and there are some that prefer to wander about... they carry their home with em... even if it's just a blanket...

IMHO making it a law to be homeless puts us all at the mercy of TPTB and destroys one if not more of our rights under the Bill of Rights...

Homer Simpson likes this.
  3. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Same situation in my local uber progressive "Sanctuary City"... They don't have a plan and just keep evicting them from each location as they wear out their welcome before migrating to the next neighborhood like a swarm of locusts. The progressive leadership laid out the welcome mat and now the citizens are showing up with pitchforks and torches.

Some of them want to be homeless, but not all. As the economy collapses we will see more and more, and hopefully not from the inside. Many, many people are far closer to being homeless than they realize.

1. Motomom34
  2. TnAndy
  3. oil pan 4
  4. duane
  5. Motomom34
  6. duane
  7. DKR
  8. Motomom34
  9. Thunder5Ranch
  10. Tully Mars
  11. DKR
  12. chelloveck
  13. AxesAreBetter
  14. Mindgrinder
  15. arleigh
  16. ED GEiN
  17. RightHand
  18. Ganado
    [IMG]
    Thread by: Ganado, Oct 20, 2016, 16 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  19. Oltymer
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7