Crimson trace laser grip

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Quadfather, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Quadfather

Quadfather Monkey

Does anyone have an opinion on this product? I'm interested in putting one on my glock 22 gen 4 .40 S&W

2. Gary G.

Gary G. Monkey

I have one on my XD Subcompact 40 and it still slides in my Crossbreed holster without interference.
    The laser itself is bright (red) and was easy to adjust right on target.

3. Quadfather

Quadfather Monkey

I heard the green is easier to see in daylight. I don't mind the cost as long as it works well.

4. Gary G.

Gary G. Monkey

I also heard the green is easier to see in daylight, but I have no experience with a green laser. I really don't have any problems seeing the red dot in daylight, especially considering the fact that a handgun will more than likely be used at close range.

I can imagine a green laser on a rifle would prove useful.

5. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Monkey+++

Several people in my extended family have them, and they all like them a lot.

6. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

I recently installed one (red) on my wife's G-26. Very pleased so far and I've always found that CTL were much brighter in daylight than others. Install took about 3 minutes.

I had previously (9 years ago?), owned a lasermax and was not impressed.

7. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

I use one on a S&W1911PD. Its the red laser and yes they do tend to wash out in daylight. Their red lasers are somewhat brighter than others though. I prefer them to the Trijicon night sights I have on another 1911. Both are suited for low light scenario's but the laser wins once the lights go out. I'm itchin' to get my hands on a set of their green laser grips but they're going for 500 FRN's IF you can find them.

8. bfayer

bfayer Keeper Of The Faith

I have one on my M&P. Love it, works as advertised.

One comment though. It is very easy to get lazy and too reliant on the laser. You need to run drills with and without the laser to keep your skills up. Mine has a master switch to turn the laser off, I assume the other laser grips do also.

My other issue is I am left handed and the laser tends to push the gun away from the holster a little, making it a little less cancelable with some holsters. YMMV.

9. Quadfather

Quadfather Monkey

Thank you for the feedback. I'm getting a red one since it doesn't appear that they offer a green one for a gen 4

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7