Cucumbers

Discussion in 'Back to Basics' started by overbore, May 28, 2008.

1. overbore

overbore Monkey++

We all know about canning pickels but since we have excess each year, we came up with "SMOOSH". The excess cucumbers are placed into a blender and almost pureed. Pour into small Zip Lock bags and freeze. In February they can be thawed and made into fresh sandwich makings -- good ,fresh ,
    green and free. Overbore

2. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I grow some vegetables in my yard here....We get 2 growing seasons here....and I have a really big yard with good soil....

I use the cucumbers for a lot of things! But my favorite is Cucumber Lotion...All you need is the cucumber, chamomile tea, and glycerin...It's awesome cream and all my friends are always asking for it! Doesn't need fragrance or anything...Perfect, just the way it is....Well, it does have to be refrigerated, because there are no preservatives in it, but when it's cool, it feels even better!

3. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Is this a southern thing?

I've never heard of mushy cucumber sandwich makings (be kind, I'm still trying to figure out crazy southern "fixins". ;) ). Do tell.

4. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

It's like "mater" sandwiches...only with cucumbers! Silly girl....

5. overbore

overbore Monkey++

Maam, have you ever had a proper High Tea? Cucumber sandwiches are the norm. Smoosh is the logical substitute when "stuff" happens or as we saw yesterday, 28 May, $.75 each for one cucumber!!!! Yikes!! Overbore

6. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

No Sir, I have not participated in a proper high tea.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7