Curiousity - demographics

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ghrit, May 10, 2015.

?

What age range do you fall in?

Poll closed May 24, 2015.
  1. Really young, under 30

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  2. 30 to 40

4 vote(s)
    6.7%
  3. 40 to 50

15 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. 50 to 60

15 vote(s)
    25.0%
  5. Really old, over 60

25 vote(s)
    41.7%
  1. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Talk with @Bear about a forge. He uses one with skill on a daily basis. He has a few videos on simple forges you could build with little effort. Metal working is a fine skill to have.[winkthumb]

Bear likes this.
  2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

@alaskachick built the "One Brick Forge" using @Bear Sticky Post in the Knife forum, a couple of years back, and she learned a lot doing it. I have been teaching Marine Electronics, for DECADES, to Boaters, and Commercial Fishermen, so they can do many of their own repairs, that do NOT require an FCC License. I have mentored Oodles of Folks into Ham Radio, and even a few Monkeys, here, in the Monkey Tree.... I share My Knowledge Base, with ANYONE who asks, without question. This is how I repay the DEBT, I Owe, to those that mentored, and Taught Me, the Skillsets, I possess. If a person does NOT share their Knowledge Base with others, and attempt to pass along that Knowledge to the Next Generation, OR TWO, or Three, It is My Opinion, they are very Selfish....

3. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

So very true !! Hence why Im still training , can't be paid due to age .
    I had the last of the best from the military , before mommy-world attacked
    Sloth

BTPost likes this.
  4. Pineknot

Pineknot Concrete Monkey

considering the lack of votes, i would say maybe we could put this on the home page and get a true idea. i know that being in the lower number bracket we have a lot to learn. i know that time flies and before you know it you are older and wiser, i know i sure am.

5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Yep, sorta went down hill after the first couple days. As of now, 521 looks, 44 replies and 51 votes. Each time it gets a post, it pops to the new posts header. I think it'll show what is expected.. Let it play out and see what it comes to at the end

6. The Duece

The Duece Monkey

I did vote in the poll just forgot to post a comment lol, hmmmmm guess where i m at in the age brackets hee hee hes

7. kellory

You are @40+or minus a bit.

8. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

It's so lonely in my demographic...

9. kellory

Recruit some more friends....;)

3M-TA3, chelloveck and oldawg like this.
  10. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

They are all useless!!! I have no friends!!!! Haha.

On a serious note, I really am tired of it. Been ran over a lot over that crap. Thieves and whores, and one or two good ones who just plain ain't interested 'cause they got better things to do.

BlueDuck likes this.
  11. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I really think that the Younger Crowd, is mostly just trying to "Live, Day to Day" and keep things going... and just doesn't have time to consider the Issues of Prep'ing. If I wasn't Brought Up, in this Lifestyle, I likely wouldn't have near the Prep's that I have.... As AGE, and Experience, (Wisdom) are attained, Self-Inspection and Retrospection, come into one's life, and folks finally find time to do it. that seems to be where the "Awakening" begins to take place. Military Service also seems to bring it to the surface, sooner. The Liberal Mindset, and thinking seems to retard the "Awakening" as well. Just how many "Liberal" Prep'ers have you ever encountered? Not many, I would guess.....

BlueDuck and Yard Dart like this.
  12. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

You don't need friends to be a prepper. In fact, sometimes its best to go it on your own. Fewer complications. At least that works for me

13. The Duece

The Duece Monkey

Pretty good guess kellory but i actually lied a bit on the poll wont officially turn 40 until next week but figure its close enough,as to the younger generation everytime i go for supper at the inlaws i shake my head all those kids are interested in is spending$$ on the newest fanciest toys nephew bought one of those garmin watches that wirelessly connect to your smart phone..... So u dont hafta actually pull your phone out of his pocket,has no interest in any gps features,when i askex him about that he just shrugfed said i think it has gps dont know!!!!300$ rubber watch wow!!!!'

kellory likes this.
  14. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Sounds good in text, but, in fact a person very easily stands to loose everything they have worked for, even their retirment home and income, if someone, even an adult is injured on their Farm or Ranch while being mentored.

Them's the facts.

15. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

yes Hk living is a risk and if you figure out the legal ramifications you can protect against law suits as well .... its all in know how... if you want to do something you can find a way to do it and if you dont you can always find an excuse not too. All about personals choice... you can complain about the younger generation and do noting but complain or you can take the extra effort it takes ....and it does take effort and getting out of your comfort zone

chelloveck likes this.
  16. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

It also takes a willing student..... just saying. ;)

ghrit, BlueDuck, chelloveck and 2 others like this.
  17. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Like I said you just do not have the facts. Fact is a hard working family here lost their place because a young man got careless.

End of story.

18. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

If there are any in this forum, they be keeping pretty quiet about it, given the preponderance of social conservatives that inhabit SM. ;)

19. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

I'm a fiscal conservative and a social ambivalent thankyouverymuch. :)

20. wnn

wnn Guest

Na Dave your not alone.99% of us still think we're in our 20s.lol & after talkin to you for damn near 6 months ,take it from me ya dont act like your in your 20s.. & the reason you have no friends is your an asshole (j/k), ive told you that many of times. Lmao...

Yard Dart likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7