Curiousity - demographics

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ghrit, May 10, 2015.

?

What age range do you fall in?

Poll closed May 24, 2015.
  1. Really young, under 30

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  2. 30 to 40

4 vote(s)
    6.7%
  3. 40 to 50

15 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. 50 to 60

15 vote(s)
    25.0%
  5. Really old, over 60

25 vote(s)
    41.7%
  1. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

What is social ambivalence mean? You are starting to sound liberal with those polysylabic phrases [emoji6]

2. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

It means: I don't care WHAT party you belong to, as long as you ain't working to steal my money. "

BlueDuck and NotSoSneaky like this.
  3. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I can't speak for DL, but what I understand him to mean is that on some social issues, DL is inclined to take a conservative stance, and on some issues, he is inclined towards a more progressive view.

Ganado likes this.
  4. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Hmmm based on the current demographics we need to recruit some younger members...

Yard Dart likes this.
  5. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Yes, and no.
    I have steered several folks here, at least as visitors. But I don't suggest it to everyone I meet. Just to those with a clear handle on history and the constitution, or a desire to learn more. That does not often apply to kids. I prefer to teach what I can hands on and one on one.

wnn and BTPost like this.
  6. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

It means that I don't give a rip what you do on your own time as long as you keep it private. I don't want the neighbors nose in my business any more than I want to be in theirs. It means I don't think the government should be in about 98.75% of the business they are in because it's "none of their business".

When push comes to shove, I'll decide on a case by case basis @chelloveck but more often than not I sincerely, deeply and from the bottom of my heart, DON'T CARE one way or the other.

Liberal? For polysyllabic words? That supposed to be funny because that's possibly the most ignorant thing I've heard in a while. The liberals want us to be as uneducated, uninformed and otherwise UNinvolved as possible. I had to un-ignore you to figure out why @kellory said what he did but dammed if I'll leave it off if that's what passes for witty repartee (there I go again, puttin' on airs and bein' to big for my britches...I must've voted for both Clinton AND Obama I'm so liberal).

If I get slapped then I'll see ya'll in 3-14 days.

7. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Naw your fine. .. I was teasing you but obviously you took offense

8. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

chelloveck likes this.
  9. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

Y'all are speaking above my demographic...Haha.

10. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

It is what I understood you to have meant...in looking at issues on their individual merits and then making up your mind, rather than a doctrinaire approach to thinking about issues.

Ganado likes this.
  11. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Brightnight hit it right on .
    It's mostly due to lack of basic education in the 3 R's , I can NOT believe your kids who can't spell or do math .
    They will never advance in life because thay are PREY !!
    I do work/ speak/teach in 3 continents(have translators if needed) , USA is the second worse , the worse is war torn country's without parents in camps .

chelloveck likes this.
  12. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Bump. Cannot believe we have only about 60 people with any age at all.

13. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Well, some days I'm older than others but poll only allows for one response regardless of my multiple personality issues.

Cruisin Sloth and chelloveck like this.
  14. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

We're the ones who've been there - done that and having done so seek to do things better next time there's a disaster.
    From brief power outages to weeks long the aftermath of any incident usually lasts longer that whatever event was the trigger. We are the ones who have learned how to deal with things. Most of the younger crowd have been taught to not do anything on their own just go to the shelter and let the .gov take care of you.

BTPost, RightHand, Yard Dart and 2 others like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7