Customer = Investor.......... NOT!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thunder5Ranch, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

Idiots!

2. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

Not heard it that way in so many words, but I have heard that sentiment a few times in my store.Customers are weird...and it is insane how many people think that buying a $6 knife means that we are and have always been best friends...

3. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

That is what happens when you let a communist teach basic economics...

4. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

It started when laws were passed with the civil rights movement of the 1950s and 1960s, under the guise of equal rights, that any business has to serve any patron.

I am the son of a long time private business owner and was raised to treat all people equal as that was what we believed.

I was also raised that a Man was responsible for the care of his family first, live stock second, extended family third and all others as they proved themselves. In this the appearance of an unkempt person or one of known actions that were not permitted in the family meant that person could be refused service.

This was the basic foundation and freedoms of our nation.

Dad refused service as he saw the need to preserve family income and safety.

The Gov passed laws that said he was wrong.

The Gov was and is wrong in that issue to this day.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    Gator 45/70, SB21, Bandit99 and 4 others like this.
  5. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Very thought provoking. Thanks for posting this.

I looked at the web world using this string - "customer as investor" and found a wealth of sites promoting just such an idea. I must say, I find this chain of thought frightening.

While a business must have customers - it wouldn't be a business otherwise, eh? -- Investors provide Capital which is used to create or expand a business. This involves Risk for both the investor and the business person.

Customers do not share any Risk. If you go under, they will find another supplier to meet their needs.

No Risk = No investor.

You were correct to invite them to leave.

Next, they will likely contact the local thuggery (Government) and demand that you be disarmed.....

Good luck.

6. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

lol :lol: what tune is that ? I need an audio version [winkthumb] so i can humm a few bars

Ura-Ki and HK_User like this.
  7. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Customer = one that buys product , a consumer .
    investor = one financially invested on order to gain profit from the sale of the product.
    owner = usually has over 51 percent of all shares and controlling interest in the company.
    Do you want my product ? yes
    Do you want me to use pesticides to protect the product ?
    Or hire people to do the job which will definitely drive up the price of my product ?
    How should I deal with vermin? Should I use poison to eradicate them, what happens to the wild life?
    Who has a right to my labors, who has a right to your labors ?
    If you think you have a right to tell me how to live my life, and do my business, I certainly have the right to tell you how to live yours . rights are the same across the board, other wise they are not rights they are selfish demands. Correct?

8. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

those thoughts make you a good merchant... being able to smile and take their money and let them have their opinons

Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  9. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

They probably also think if they buy enough stuff out of a vending machine that eventually they will own it.
    Yeah probably best to cut ties with them before they get to thinking that they are more than just an "investor".

10. runswithdogs

runswithdogs Monkey+++

Honestly I wouldent have been able to give them a coherent answer, Id be laughing to hard.

My motto.. the customer is always right as long as they agree with me.

Zimmy, Gator 45/70, Bandit99 and 2 others like this.
  11. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

lol :lol: what tune is that ? I need an audio version [winkthumb] so i can humm a few bars

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    Gator 45/70, Ura-Ki and Ganado like this.
  12. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

A customer is only a purchaser of a product, not an investor. The false belief that their patronage makes them vested is false, the percentage of business isn't even a small % of your costs. A investor risks capital with a promise of a profitable return, and the level of investment may carry a % of say in things! A conctomer has no such rights, Period!
    I agree, inviting them to leave was the best thing!

Gator 45/70, Tully Mars and 3M-TA3 like this.
  13. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

My responce, would have been, “ There is the Door... You just became a non-Customer, and you now have Three Minutes Too Clear Off MY LAND, or get arrested for Criminal Tresspass... The Stopwatch is Ticking... Tick, Tock, tick, tock....”

14. ochit

ochit Monkey+

An explosion meter will register aerosol paint tape a UV light to it to test for crack and meth

Gator 45/70 and Altoidfishfins like this.
  15. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

Ganado and Gator 45/70 like this.
  16. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

People may be crazy.

I know people are certainly strange...

17. duane

duane Monkey+++

In Mass a court just awarded a $5 million payment for a kid that drowned at a beach during a summer program. They blackmailed the town into having a summer program for the disadvantaged minority children, insisted they hire local unqualified teens, etc to run the program, held it at a beach posted with signs that state no lifeguards, swim at your own risk, then the court holds the city responsible for his death. Think city should sell the beach for private condo's to pay the judgement instead of having the tax payers fund the parents and legal shyster to their wind fall gain. If you have a business, kid climbs the fence using the no trespassing sign as a foot rest, and gets hurt on your property , you are going to lose. If the "client" said that you did not want to do business with him because he is black, or gay, etc, you can be sued for damages, etc, and even if you win you lose, you pay your legal expenses, the government pays theirs. Think about cake maker and gay couple. As a hobby greenhouse operator, it is easier and safer to give stuff to good friends than to sell it. Stay totally off the radar.

Gator 45/70, Bandit99, 3M-TA3 and 4 others like this.
  18. duane

duane Monkey+++

4-13-2018, public television just had a program on about the case before the supreme court on the gays and the baker who would not decorate a wedding cake and the tenor of the argument was that as a businessman you had no right to pick and chose your customers as that was discrimination and was forbidden. It is a very short walk to the thought that if they need your goods, they deserve them. Just saying. As it is, if you are in a public area, their definition, not yours, and you are armed and they feel "threatened" in many jurisdictions you are in deep trouble with the law.

Gator 45/70, Bandit99, 3M-TA3 and 2 others like this.
  19. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

The property taxes were actually tolerable until 5 years ago when they started going up 30%-60% per year. Tax man tells me over the next three years they are going to raise the ag land taxes 300-350%. Equalizing Southern Farm land with the Northern Farm land even though our southern farm land is around 2/3s less profitable and productive than a Northern IL Black dirt farms land. Throw in every building or shed over 10'x10' is being taxed now.... Chicken coops, farrowing sheds, tool sheds, LOL even my portable building cabin on skids is being taxed like it is a house on a foundation. Toss in the sheer number of liberal snowflakes from Cook County (Chicago) moving to Southern IL..... Fee's (Just another form of taxes) going up constantly. Idiotic regulations that have nothing to do with food safety and everything to do with higher FEE's and generating revenue....... Never any cuts to the corrupt pay to play kick back Government spending. Endless hand outs to maintain the poverty voting block. Good cemetery maint. to keep the dead voters happy.

Yeah I am ready to pull up stakes and GTFO of here, as much as I love my land and its isolation..... The external factors are making it a untenable position. The wife has 18 months left until she can retire with the max benefits and pension, around 28% better than in she retires now. After that we are either going back to TN or Hopping the river into MO. or a bit farther west into Kansas. Gotta fin another piece of land and not just any piece of land will do for me. Very Rural, at the end of a dead end road and 100-300 acres. And still within 60-80 miles of a decent size town (20,000-40,000 pop). LOL all of my portable buildings can move easily enough and range from 14x46 down to 12x32. The two barns can be taken apart and rebuilt at the destination and same for the machine shed, high tunnels and greenhouses. Time consuming but doable. Going to keep the land and a friend wants to crop lease it in 5 year blocks that with give me around $5000 per year after the taxes. The Cell tower lease also pays $15,700 per year for the next 27 years and I get free unlimited gigs of high speed wireless and 5 phones and service for nothing in the lease...... and the cell company pays the taxes on the tower and 70x70 piece of land.... So once the buildings are gone it will be just farmland base taxes. HArder part is going to be establishing the Corporation in another State and starting from scratch building a customer base. So a whole lot of things to look at in choosing the final destination. Then there is the fact that one does not simply just move a entire farms worth of stuff over night. Using thebig box trailer and the 2 38' Goose necks I am looking at a minimum of 70-75 round trips.

Ganado, Gator 45/70, SB21 and 6 others like this.
  20. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

In a way they already do by demanding that I donate to this or that social justice organization or cause. I donate to a local food pantry and a church kids and seniors meal program........... not because anyone demands it but because I think it is the right thing to do and helps out folks in a rural area that don't have a lot of work or other options.

Gator 45/70, SB21, Tully Mars and 3 others like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7