D.C. antigun searches not welcomed with open arms

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Tango3, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

2. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

Sad to say that is what is going to happen

3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

The local news implied today that these "voluntary" requests for entry and searching may not be quite so voluntary. The odds, says NBC, are that if entry is denied, a warrant will be obtained. This is getting smelly.

4. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

But by the time they come back with a warrant, the drugs, guns, and other illeagal items will be gone.

5. MbRodge

MbRodge Monkey+++

Unless they label you a Homegrown Terrorist, then under the Patriot Act they don't NEED a warrant.

6. BAT1

BAT1 Cowboys know no fear

Well, now we know what plan B is. That is against the 4th amendment. A lawsuit is in order. That line in the sand is getting closer every day.
    A standing army cannot rule unless the people are disarmed. taser1

7. franks71vw

franks71vw Monkey+++

Un Fing believable... I wonder then if the African Americans that live in DC that say yes to this 4th amendment slap down if they would be ok with getting rid of the 13th amendment.. STAND UP FOR YOUR RIGHTS PEOPLE if not..
    [kneelsuckers]

8. WestPointMAG

WestPointMAG Monkey++

They tried something like that here only it was about how many electrical out lets you had in each room. The city was trying to get an ordnance passed where they could come into your house and inspect it to see if it was up to current building codes including the size of you windows, the number of outlets in each room and the floor plan. The said is a home owner did not let the inspector in to the house the inspector would get a search warrant to search you house. The ordnance also said the inspector could not be sued for any damage to your property and he could make his/her own policies and hire his own staff in other words he could set up his own SWAT team. For now it is dead in the water after a large number of homeowners said that they would shoot any one that tried to come into there house just to count the plugins. My house was built in the late 1800 and there is no way that it could be brought up to code without spending more that it is worth. If a house does not pass they will flag the deed and the home owner will not be able to sell it since no bank will lone money on a house that does not pass the inspection. I ask the LEOs how they will feel having to tell a child that their daddy died making sure someone’s house had enough plugins
    At the bottom if this page you will find a link to the proposed ordnance I could not open it but maybe some can. http://www.marionindiana.us/Scripts/cgispawn.exe?SPAWN=portal.exe&uid=guest&key=&mod=&dep=&pag=2

9. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Wow, Does the City have a problem with run down "crack houses" or illegal immigrants?This is all about giving authorities one big vague reason to enter any time they think they want to.

10. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

I never heard of them forcing older homes into today's current building codes unless you were remodeling with a permit. Being all new work would needed to meet today's building codes. That's here though. I do remember when I went through apprentice training that it was mentioned that inspectors could get a warrant to enter dwellings for inspections but I always assumed it was for when a permit was pulled, maybe I misunderstood. Have to check on that.

11. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

If they asked to enter my home this is what I would say: [finger]
    this is sparta (Medium).

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7