D.C.v heller wtf?

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Tango3, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

caught Glenn beck tonight, he was a little dramatic but discussed a case the supreme court is ruling on: dc v Heller. Challenging a d.c. "no-handguns"anywhere ordinance. Beck said the case is coming down to the first hard look at the actual wording of the second amendment re:
    Individual ownership rights vs as a militia member, (Beck is an nra member and backs individual rights. He seemed to think to think the court could rule(all!) gun ownership requires the membership in an official state militia(?)

What hole have I been down? I haven't heard of this case?? And I spend entirely too much time online on sites that would pop a flare( or an anuerysm, maybe a testicle or two over something this important)...
    http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/nation/stories/121307dnnatguns.38ffdd2.html

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

It's been in the gun rags for a while. I've forgotten the date it'll be heard, but it is likely to be definitive.

3. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

They are deciding on IF they will take the case.

If they do, it looks like bad news for US because SCOTUS has never really decided in our (Gun owners) favor before. I bet they add something to the definition of the 2nd that makes us look outside the law. 'people to bear arms'

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7