1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Daddy Duty

Discussion in 'Back to Basics' started by Hanzo, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Gotta do it!

Big monkey asked me to paint her nails, so I say ok. She wanted black with bloody red tips for Halloween. I say ok. (I remember, she wanted the same last year.)

I paint her nails. She likes it. Yes! I do a better job than last year. Experience counts.

As I am painting her nails, she tells me that I am the only guy in a house full of women. And I do the best job on their nails (and cutting their hair, and fixing owies). Yes, I have been cutting their hair their whole lives, except for one time when the big monkey cut her own when she was two (wow! I had to do damage control after that one. And once when I took her to get it done professionally around four.) They both still ask me to cut their hair. Luckily, it comes out ok.

Not because I know how. But since I don't know how, I take my time and I am careful. The monkeys and their momma rush through and it ends up looking sloppy. So, they keep asking me. And I am happy to do it. Quality time! Before too long, they may not ask, so I want to enjoy every bit of it that I can. Not like it's hard. Paint within the lines.

Yup. Time. Our most valuable commodity.

Her nails show up better with a flash. More stark. I wouldn't know any better, but I think they came out ok.

Uh-oh. I see some white in the picture. Gotta touch up.
  2. DKR

DKR Interesting ideas, interesting stories

REAL men know how to do nails...for their daughters!

Dunno, Hanzo, I think you also better save up for a shotgun when all the boys come sniffing around. She is quite the cutie...thanks for sharing
  3. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Mahalo @DKR. Funny how people fear blades more than guns...
    pearlselby and Gator 45/70 like this.
  4. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Your emoticon is just so wrong, @Tobit. But I like it!
  5. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Simple, the gun might not be loaded. ;)
    Hanzo likes this.
  6. pearlselby

pearlselby Monkey++

Real men are like Hanzo. The nails look great!
    Hanzo likes this.
  7. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Getting cut and stabbed scares people.
    kellory likes this.
  8. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Mahalo @pearlselby. Very kind of you.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary