Dad's know and should be feared

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by Hanzo, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

For months, I have been telling my wife and monkey that the boy likes her and my daughter likes him. My wife and daughter tell me that I am wrong. If there is one thing that I am is observant. And I understand what I see. And understand someone's intent. Martial arts training helps you to feel intent.

For example, yesterday, we went to our friend's ice cream shop for some cool afternoon sweets after I pickend my daughter up. Met wifee and the little monkey there. This time we ate outside. I felt the guy when he was one lot over. Looked up and saw him and know he was up to no good. Felt it as he walked past us. Made eye contact and knew. Watched him walk behind the building. So I went in to let me friend know. I had never seen that guy before in my life, but they suspected who he was. And my friend went out to check. On his way, he tells me, "If I'm not back in two minutes, I'm getting my ass kicked." He is my student too. So since my wife and girls are there, I stay with them. He comes back 30 seconds later and calls the cops.

So I send the wife and girls home and I stick around. Mr. Miyagi's rule... my modification... if there is trouble or stupid, no be there. Sure enough, that guys was trouble. While I waited with my friend and his family (family owned and run), I hear that he has been around and tried to break in to various businesses in the area. Another customer knew him too. Said he set fire to a dumpster at his business a mile or so away.

Anyway, feeling intent...

My older monkey and her friend had there normal Wednesday afternoon get together. They usually go out to eat and/or catch a movie. So today, I picked monkey up after and her friend comes up to me and says something like, “Mr. Hanzo, can I ask you something? It kind of just happened... May I have your permission to date your daughter? It seems like the right thing to do to ask you. And you scare me a little... with the martial arts and blades and all...”

So I ask monkey what she thought of that. She had a huge smile, so I said ok.

In the car, daughter tells me he asked her if she would be his girlfriend at lunch. He had a whole speech made up telling her how good she is and all. Sounded like a proposal. I kept my laugh on the inside.

So I tell her I knew it for months and that they are no longer Egyptians (no longer in denial). And I told her that if he touches her, I would have to hurt him. She said that he already knows that. [​IMG]

2. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

[​IMG]

Yard Dart, techsar, 3M-TA3 and 8 others like this.
  3. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

@Hanzo, having been brought up in the south, we weren't so much into martial arts and blades. But, we were into guns - lots, and lots, and lots of guns. Whenever a daughter had her first date, dad's always had a few guns out, cleaning them on the coffee table when the guy showed up. More often than not, it seemed to be the short barreled shotgun that was the most intimidating of them all. And, in just about all the cases I remember - as a friend just there, or a possible victim, that certainly worked.

4. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

In my case it was a kukhuri and stories about what a Ghurka can do with one. Plus other knives sharp enough for circumcision and such. He also saw how quickly one could be deployed. Even at medium slow speed, it was enough.

5. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

6. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I had boys, so I know where the mind of a male teenager is! In a way, I think son's were easier, except the sex part, that's all boys ever think about until they discover cars and beer drinkin, then it's a constant tug O war over which is more important at that exact moment! I always warned them to keep it in their pants and every thing would work out fine, don't drink and drive, and if you get stuck, you better call your Mother, cause if you are in jail, I'm going to ask the cops to keep you extra! Good luck brother, daughters have to be a greater challenge, and a true test of good parenting! Sounds like you qualify there in spades!

7. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

I will need the good luck. Mahalo!

8. Asia-Off-Grid

Like they say, if you have a boy, you have one pecker to think about. If you have a girl, you have a thousand.

Seepalaces, Bandit99, ochit and 4 others like this.
  9. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

I know. But thanks, Paul. :(

10. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

So true, never heard that one before! ROTFLMAO! God help the poor man, he has enough on his plate all already, but that'ts one of a real Mans jobs, protecting his family, you got this buddy, give um hell!

11. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

One can mow down 1,000 peckers with a kukhuri. Or a machete. I like machetes too. Arm might get a little tired though...

12. Asia-Off-Grid

Sorry, mate. I don't always think things through, prior to clicking "Post Reply".

13. duane

duane Monkey+++

While letting them go in their due time is a frightening thing and a challenge and as everything in life it doesn't always work out, I can tell you from experience that holding a new born grandchild in your arms for the first time and helping them grow up over time is almost as much of a blessing as having your own children, and they go home and let you get a good nights sleep.

14. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

That made me laugh. That boy was observant enough to know you may be kind but you also are a warrior. Smart boy.

15. ochit

ochit Monkey+

Some shotgun weddings were the best unions, all I can say is consensual is a word, what feelings it brings up when it's your son or daughter and there is some real problem, well that is a tough one, when your young love is so intense because it's new, well it is not like it ever gets old and all young people are so intent on living now and just do not have the experience to realize all the obstacles. Pray for all children it is not getting any easier out there.

16. Gafarmboy

Gafarmboy Monkey+++

While I was working overseas, I had a Polish 2nd in command. He always said that anyone can raise a boy. But it takes a real many to raise girls. He had four kids. One boy, the youngest and three-stair-stepping beautiful daughters. I would not have crossed him unless I had access to tactical nukes, but his daughters were his life and they had him wrapped around their collective fingers. I often think of him when I see how the young girls here in America act.
    Gafarmboy
    If you can not protect what you own, you do not own it.

Yard Dart, ochit, Gator 45/70 and 4 others like this.
  17. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

I've said it before... "You're a good Dad!"

My daughter brought her boyfriend to the house for the first time. I was sitting at the dinner table cleaning my .45. He got the picture.

18. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Monkey+++

Never cleaned the guns, but showing a Busse steel heart worked for me!

ochit, Gator 45/70 and Hanzo like this.
  19. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

What are you sorry for. All good.

20. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

I look forward to that in the distant future...

sec_monkey, ochit and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7