Dad's know and should be feared

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by Hanzo, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Mahalo @Dunerunner.

sec_monkey likes this.
  2. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

My daughter brought over her BF to meet the family. My oldest son knew him from school - so no big surprises.

I noticed he had a lot of bruises on his arms. I told him it looked like he got hurt playing football.

No, he said, he got those from (my daughter's name) and her kick-boxing practice. (I assume she kicked his ass quite regularly) He asked if I had taught her.

No, I said, to be honest, her Mother taught her her all that. After all, I mentioned, mom had been trained by a Vet - US Special Forces type.

Me, I said, I just taught her all about guns..... (Yes DD was on the All-school rifle team, quite the honor for her hard work)

Turns out he is a great Son in Law and we are happy for them...

Now my daughter is teaching her little girl..... last roundhouse kick the little sh!t landed on me, knocked me on my butt. I'm getting old to play with the kids - I guess.

Anyway - the DW has a fun t-shirt her friends got her on her Birthday some time back. Says "I may not look like much, but I raised a US Marine." And that she did.

As for the spotting sketchy characters - I wish this was a skill that could be taught. This skill is part observation, part paying close attention and a fair amount of judgement. All of which most younger folks seem to lack.

Still, good catch. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  3. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

My ex-son in law, the pharmacist (he cooked meth for a living more or less), was showing me a partially complete tattoo, a mureal of his mother and step-father's wedding that he was making payments on a financed plan. This was during a visit that I made to my daughter to pay their utility bill and get their lights turned back on, catch up on their delinquent rent and buy groceries and needed supplies for my grand-child. I suggested that we take a drive to the country and have a little man to man conversation. This is why he is my ex-son in law and nobody has heard much from him since.

Ganado, Hanzo, Motomom34 and 2 others like this.
  4. duane

duane Monkey+++

Hanzo, the one thing I have been taught in life is that nothing passes quicker than time. At 80, I often think of things I did with my grandfather 70 + years ago or with my parents, and it seems like it was only yesterday. We live on an escalator called time, we can look back down, but not up, we can't stop it or get off, and we never know when we will reach the top. Enjoy life to the fullest, enjoy your family and friends to the fullest, do the best that you can to help the next generation on its way, to help the last generation finish their journey, and to help the present generation help each other. All rational individuals and religions seem to know that a good life and a good family is the most we can expect on this earth and may well be the stepping stone to the future. From what little I have seen of your postings, you know this lesson well and are doing an excellent job enjoying life, enjoying your family, instructing the next generation and interacting positively with the world. Don't mean to preach but thank you for some pleasant interludes in this very chaotic world. I enjoy your thoughts and comments on food, family, the world around you, your view of life, and find it very comforting that many of the individuals, including you, on this forum are trying their best to keep the old more relaxed and more moral ways alive and are trying to instill it in others. Funny but in its own peculiar way that includes bishop training his new pup or your daughter getting dressed to go to the prom or out with her first boyfriend or watching my friend's baby fall flat on her butt and stand up again and try to walk. I really have a hard time getting involved with politics and those that only live in their own selfish world, but find it easy to watch geese land on a quiet pond at daybreak.
    I am a little curious what the next floor looks like at the end of the escalator , but have over time lost my fear of it and have faith that it will be a new and I think pleasurable experience. We all will find that out in due season.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  5. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Thanks for sharing. Love those stories!

6. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Mahalo @duane.

7. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Back when my daughter was 16, she wanted to go out with a neighbor boy, that I found out was 19. I told her he had to come meet me before I would decide. I had an AR and a big bowie out cleaning them....when he walked up to the door. Invited him in, talked for a minute and then gave him the low down. They never went out and I never saw him nearby again...........;)
    She was a bit PO'd.....did not care. :whistle:

Hanzo likes this.
  8. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

My 16 year old had a 20 year old boy like her. Told her I would be ok with that five+ years in the future. But at the moment... uh uh.

oldawg likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7