Daily carry folders

Discussion in 'Blades' started by E.L., Aug 14, 2005.

1. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Holy Moly! That's awesome!

2. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Bear, that knife looks like it was built like a brick $hithouse.

3. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

Thanks ..... yup..... "boink" someone on the head with the "butt" of this monster and their gonna have a mean headache.... if they remember anything at all after that :lol:

4. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Wow, That's a stout liner Bear!

My Emersons are nothing like that..:(

5. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

I know you wouldn't use that one, but do you like the chisel grind?

6. ghostrider

E.L., monkeyman, I have your combos, it was a Gerber Shortcut-like a Micra but bigger, and a 3" blade Paraframe for 13.82, with tax I paid 15 bucks. Anybody else want one?

7. Bear

Hey Melbo.... here's a comparison pic with a regular emerson....

I really like the chisel grind.... you gotta get used to cutting with it and sharpening it but its great.... oh and this one's a user..... :lol:

8. E.L.

Now that is a pocket full of knife.

9. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

I don't Daily Carry a chisel ground anymore but as a carpenter, I used to use mine as a draw knife. Very easy to shave off a little wood with the chisel.

10. TLynn

TLynn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I have but one question - what is it with these folders like the ones I'm seeing here?

Whatever happened to the old style?

I can't shut the new kind.

Anybody want to get rid of the old ones they might have? Because these new ones are just killing me.

11. Bear

Hey TLynn.... you talking about the old reliable slip joints like the Old Timer Stockman by Schrade.... or just a good old reliable like the Buck Lockback?..... great knives as well.....

Bear

12. ghostrider

I'll have to look, T, I may have a couple I can mail you.

13. Bear

Yeah T... watcha looking for.... you never know what may turn up b::

14. TLynn

Bear, the old Buck knives. I admit to loving them. I never could afford the Shrade knives (hey I admit it I spent a lot of my time being poor and broke lol).

I actually like the one Al Mar I won over on USN auction that was made like the buck knife. It got buried in my room remodel and I've got to dig it out again. How I can manage to get so many knives to vanish in a 10 x 12 room (and it's not even that big with the walk in closet taking up part of it right now is beyond me). But it's here - probably buried on this computer desk as we speak. Which I'm going to take everything off and sort through this weekend - I truly hate clutter.

15. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I carry a spyderco police clipped in my pocket. I prefer the serated blade as it makes a cut that don't close back up right away. I also carry a micro-tech fiber-lite on a break chain around my neck.

16. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I have a Spyderco Rescue out in the truck - if you need to rip through something it'll do the job with that serrated blade!

17. 155gunner

155gunner Monkey+++ Founding Member

I guess I'm old-fashioned and like to keep things simple. I just carry a Buck Folding Hunter. Never had a problem with Buck knives, so I just stick with what works for me.

18. gunluvver

gunluvver Monkey+++ Founding Member

I'm with you, TLynn. I carried a Rigid Folding Hunter for over 25 years until it broke under the scales while chopping a branch. I now carry a Buck Alpha Hunter, figuring it would be a good transition between old and new styles. It definitely is smoother opening than the Rigid was, but this blade is BRITTLE! The edge chips so easily, I'll never get the blade life I got from the Rigid. I'm not easy on my knives, and would love to find another Rigid. It had a fuller grip and finger grooves that I haven't seen on any other knife. The Buck Folding Hunter just doesn't fill my hand like the Rigid did. Any of you have one laying around they want to part with? I also used to carry a Kershaw .22 Cal. folder when I didn't want to pack the big one on a plane in the pre 9/11 days. It looked like one of the Freedom Arms Mini Revolvers when it was in it's case. I heard it was only available from the Snap-On tool dealers. I have that one put away right now.

19. TLynn

I do have to admit that while I may not care for the way the new knives close - I truly like this Buck/Strider that just arrived on my doorstep.

Dang it's purty. Wonder how much trouble I can get into at work if I start carrying it? Of course I'm not too sure how well it'll work with a suit - but hey that's never stopped me before.
    :D

20. E.L.

Hmm, what do you think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/BUCK-MILITARY-S...792QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item190043086688

Description <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=20 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD width="100%">[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial]USA MADE TRIED & TRUE ! COLLABORATION BETWEEN BUCK AND STRIDER TACTICAL CREATS THIS VERY AFFORABLE Buck Strider Military TACTICAL FIGHTING FOLDER BLACK. RECOMMENDED IN FIELD & STREAM BATTLE TESTED FAVORITES FROM OUR ARMED FORCES! 4 5/8" closed rugged tactical linerlock. Black oxide finish stainless blade with ambidextrous thumb studs and thumb slot. BLACK G-10 handles. Black finish stainless pocket clip.[/FONT] </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR bgColor=#ccccff><TD class=titlePadding width="100%">BUCK MILITARY STRIDER 889 TACTICAL KNIFE BLACK BLADE

</TD><TD noWrap align=right>Item number: 190043086688</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>[​IMG]</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=center bgColor=#5f66ee colSpan=6>[​IMG]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#ccccff>[​IMG]</TD><TD bgColor=#eeeeff><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=8 width="100%" bgColor=#eeeef8><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%">You are signed in </TD><TD id=watching vAlign=top noWrap align=right>Watch this item in My eBay | Email to a friend</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!--Warning--></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    </TD><TD bgColor=#ccccff>[​IMG]</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#ccccff>[​IMG]</TD><TD width="100%" bgColor=#ccccff>[​IMG]</TD><TD bgColor=#ccccff>[​IMG]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=10 width="100%" bgColor=#ffffff><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ccccff 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #ccccff 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #ccccff 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ccccff 1px solid" vAlign=top width="65%" bgColor=#efefff><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>[​IMG] <TABLE cellSpacing=4 cellPadding=1><TBODY><TR><SCRIPT language=javascript type=text/javascript>var ss0ImageUrls = descImageUrls = [[ 'http://images.auctionworks.com/hi/51/51319/brk-bu889bk.jpg' ]];</SCRIPT><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #c0bfbf 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 2px; BORDER-TOP: #c0bfbf 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 2px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 2px; BORDER-LEFT: #c0bfbf 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 2px; BORDER-BOTTOM: #c0bfbf 1px solid" vAlign=top align=middle width=204 bgColor=#ffffff><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=200><TBODY><TR><TD style="HEIGHT: 200px" vAlign=center align=middle><SCRIPT language=JavaScript><!--var hostedimageSRc='http://images.auctionworks.com/hi/51/51319/brk-bu889bk.jpg';writeHostedImage();//--></SCRIPT>[​IMG]<NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px; PADDING-TOP: 30px">View larger picture</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD width=6>[​IMG]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD vAlign=top width="100%"><TABLE cellSpacing=4 cellPadding=1 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=4>[​IMG]</TD></TR><FORM style="MARGIN: 0px" action=http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll method=get><INPUT type=hidden value=BinConfirm name=MfcISAPICommand><INPUT type=hidden value=1 name=fb><INPUT type=hidden name=co_partnerid><INPUT type=hidden value=190043086688 name=item><INPUT type=hidden value=1 name=quantity> <TR vAlign=center><TD noWrap align=left width="25%">[​IMG] price: </TD><TD noWrap>US $59.99 </TD><TD noWrap width="85%"><INPUT id=input_bin style="POSITION: relative" type=submit value="Buy It Now >" name=input_bin></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD colSpan=2></TD></TR></FORM><TR><TD colSpan=4><HR class=hrwhite></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap align=left width="25%">End time:</TD><TD width="100%" colSpan=2><NOBR>Oct-26-06 13:30:31 PDT</NOBR> <NOBR>(1 day 1 hour)</NOBR></TD></TR>
    <TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap align=left>Shipping costs:</TD><TD colSpan=2>Check item description and payment instructions or contact seller for details
    </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left width="25%">Ships to:</TD><TD colSpan=2>Worldwide</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap align=left>Item location:</TD><TD colSpan=2>Super, Deals USA, United States</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=4><HR class=hrwhite></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left width="25%">You can also:</TD><TD width="75%" colSpan=2>Watch this item</TD></TR><TR><TD width="25%"></TD><TD width="75%" colSpan=2>Get alerts via Text message or IM
    <NOBR>Sell one like this</NOBR></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    </TD></TR><SCRIPT language=javascript type=text/javascript><!-- ebay.oDocument.oPage.createConfig = function() { var c = this.oDocument.addConfig(new EbayConfig("ViewItem.More.Info")); c.sMinCntrlName = "minLink"; c.sMaxCntrlName = "maxLink"; c.sMoreInfoLayerName = "moreInfoLayer"; } ebay.oDocument.oPage.createConfig(); //--></SCRIPT><TR><TD colSpan=2><TABLE cellSpacing=5 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; BORDER-TOP: #ffffff 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 5px" colSpan=2>Listing and payment details: <SCRIPT language=javascript type=text/javascript><!-- ebay.oDocument.oPage.writeMoreInfoLinks("minLink","maxLink",Localize("Hide"),Localize("Show")); function Localize(str){return str}; //--></SCRIPT> HideShow</TD></TR><TR><TD width=15></TD><TD><SCRIPT language=javascript type=text/javascript><!-- ebay.oDocument.oPage.createMoreInfoLayer(); //--></SCRIPT><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width="50%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD noWrap align=left>Starting time:</TD><TD noWrap width="100%">Oct-19-06 13:30:31 PDT</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD noWrap align=left>Duration:</TD><TD width="100%">7-day listing </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD vAlign=top width="50%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD noWrap align=left>Payment methods:</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 2px; PADDING-LEFT: 2px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 2px; PADDING-TOP: 2px" width="100%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1><TBODY><TR><TD>PayPal (preferred), </TD></TR><TR><TD>Personal check, </TD></TR><TR><TD>Money order/Cashiers check, </TD></TR><TR><TD>Other - See Payment Instructions for payment methods accepted, </TD></TR><TR><TD>Visa/MasterCard, </TD></TR><TR><TD>American Express, </TD></TR><TR><TD>Discover</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1><TBODY><TR><TD>See details</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>[​IMG]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD width="2%">[​IMG]</TD><TD vAlign=top width="33%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=sectiontitle style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #5f66ee 1px solid">Meet the seller</TD><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 4px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" noWrap>Seller:[​IMG]</TD><TD>[​IMG]ncpms[​IMG]( 18277[​IMG]) [​IMG]</TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 4px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 2px; PADDING-TOP: 2px" noWrap>Feedback:</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 4px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 2px; PADDING-TOP: 2px" vAlign=top noWrap width="100%">99.3% Positive</TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 4px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 2px; PADDING-TOP: 2px" vAlign=top noWrap>Member:</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 4px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 2px; PADDING-TOP: 2px" vAlign=top>since Feb-05-01 in United States
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD width=20>[​IMG] </TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 4px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 2px; PADDING-TOP: 2px" noWrap>Read feedback comments</TD></TR><TR><TD width=20>[​IMG] </TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 4px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 2px; PADDING-TOP: 2px" noWrap>Ask seller a question</TD><TD>[​IMG]</TD></TR><TR><TD width=20>[​IMG] </TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 4px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 2px; PADDING-TOP: 2px" noWrap>Add to Favorite Sellers</TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 2px" vAlign=top width=20>[​IMG] </TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 4px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 2px; PADDING-TOP: 2px">View seller's other items</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=sectiontitle style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #5f66ee 1px solid" colSpan=2>Buy safely</TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 2px; PADDING-TOP: 7px" width=20>1. </TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 4px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 2px; PADDING-TOP: 7px" noWrap>Check the seller's reputation</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Score: 18277 | 99.3% Positive
    Read feedback comments</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 2px; PADDING-TOP: 10px" width=20>2. </TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 4px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 4px; PADDING-TOP: 10px" noWrap>Check how you're protected</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2><TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=2 bgColor=#e4f4ac border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px; PADDING-TOP: 5px">[​IMG]</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px; PADDING-TOP: 5px">This item is covered up to $1,000 See eligibility</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!--built on: Tue Oct 24 10:02:45 2006 buildid: --><!--source: C:\ebayTemp\dcp\DCP_assets\viewitem\0\sppm\View-Item.html --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD width=10 bgColor=#ffffff>[​IMG]</TD><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE class=ebay cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#9999cc colSpan=5>[​IMG]</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#eeeef8><TD>[​IMG]</TD><TD class=sectiontitle noWrap>Description </TD><TD width="100%">[​IMG]</TD><TD class=ebay noWrap align=right width="100%"></TD><TD>[​IMG]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD>[​IMG]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD>[​IMG]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%"><SCRIPT language=JavaScript><!--var currentIndex = 0;var currentIsSuper = false;var superSizeURL = 'http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190043086688&indexURL=' + currentIndex + '&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting';var superSizeGotoURL = 'http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190043086688&indexURL=' + currentIndex + '#ebayphotohosting';//--></SCRIPT><!-- Begin Description -->
    <SCRIPT language=JavaScript1.1><!-- var debug = true;function right(e) {if (navigator.appName == 'Netscape' && (e.which == 3 || e.which == 2)) return false;else if (navigator.appName == 'Microsoft Internet Explorer' && (event.button == 2 || event.button == 3)) {alert('THANKS FOR LOOKING!! NCPMS ©2006');return false;}return true;}document.onmousedown=right;if (document.layers) window.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEDOWN);window.onmousedown=right;//--> </SCRIPT><!--AWBALLISTA:BRICKHOUSE:200:15010:BEGIN--><TABLE style="FONT-FAMILY: Trebuchet MS, Arial" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD vAlign=top align=middle width="100%" bgColor=#000000>BUCK MILITARY STRIDER 889 TACTICAL KNIFE BLACK BLADE</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD width="100%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD width="100%" bgColor=#c6bea5><TABLE cellSpacing=5 cellPadding=5 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=center><TD align=middle><CENTER>[​IMG]
    (Click to Enlarge)
    </CENTER></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD width="100%" bgColor=#c6bea5><TABLE cellSpacing=10 cellPadding=10 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD width="100%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#943818><TD width="100%">[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial] Description[/FONT] </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=20 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD width="100%">[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial]USA MADE TRIED & TRUE ! COLLABORATION BETWEEN BUCK AND STRIDER TACTICAL CREATS THIS VERY AFFORABLE Buck Strider Military TACTICAL FIGHTING FOLDER BLACK. RECOMMENDED IN FIELD & STREAM BATTLE TESTED FAVORITES FROM OUR ARMED FORCES! 4 5/8" closed rugged tactical linerlock. Black oxide finish stainless blade with ambidextrous thumb studs and thumb slot. BLACK G-10 handles. Black finish stainless pocket clip.[/FONT] </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7