DarkLight's Primal...mosey

Discussion in 'Survival of the Fittest' started by DarkLight, Mar 6, 2014.

1. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

I've taken more of a plunge this time, and for longer than the first time. A lot of things...conspired to make a Primal switch fairly difficult but this time around I've been able to stick to it and be more "compliant".

I still eat with the family, I still have the pasta (though not as much) and the pizza (though not as much) and the rice (ok...I like me some rice!) but making changes outside of dinner has had some pretty positive rewards.

I call this a mosey because I'm not 100% yet, and I'm taking it a bit slower than some folks because I'm bringing the family along and that takes time.

So far I've lost about 6.5 pounds in a little over a month. That's not water weight, that's...fat. My clothes are fitting better and I can actually see my gut getting smaller.

For me, it's all about breakfast and lunch. Without feeling like I'm starving myself or suffering, I usually have 3-4 links of breakfast sausage and 2 eggs (scrambled or hard-boiled). Yes, I know the sausages aren't the best for me but it's FAR better than toast or cereal.

For lunch, the last week has been 1 granny smith apple, cut in half and cored, with Almond butter in the middle where the core was (I use a melon baller to pull out the center).

I don't feel hungry and twice I've forgotten to eat lunch but still not been ravenous for dinner.

Now I need to start adding exercise. Not "more" exercise, ANY. I'm positive that once I do I'll see more/better results, even with the additional hunger that exercise usually induces.

Oh, and I started taking a multi-vitamin. I don't know if that has had anything to do with anything but I'm feeling better every day.

2. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Congrats, keep up the good work.

3. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Congrats, keep it up and do what works for you.

4. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Great job DL!! The mental part of following the plan is the hardest.

5. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

1. Ganado
  2. 3M-TA3
  3. GrayGhost
  4. hot diggity
  5. kckndrgn
  6. Minuteman
  7. ditch witch
  8. Sapper John
  9. Yard Dart
  10. RightHand