Darwin Award Application

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ghostrider, Jul 16, 2006.


  1. ghostrider

    ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

    Hospital Room Scorched By Smoker On Oxygen


    POSTED: 5:25 pm EDT July 14, 2006
    UPDATED: 6:01 pm EDT July 14, 2006

    <!--startindex-->DALLAS -- A Dallas hospital room erupted in flames when a patient wearing an oxygen mask tried to light a cigarette Thursday night.
    A nurse at Methodist Dallas Medical Center rescued the man from his burning bed shortly after the blaze started. He suffered serious burns and was taken to the burn unit another Dallas hospital, but no one else was hurt, hospital officials said.
    More than 100 other patients had to be evacuated because of the fire. The room in which the man was staying was destroyed, and medical equipment even melted, but sprinklers kept the fire from spreading.<!--stopindex-->
     
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
1NTzCYzfQp3EJAGcxRodMHQMXm1u9pVTCT