Davy Crockett's descendant...

Discussion in 'Turf and Surf Hunting and Fishing' started by CRC, Dec 12, 2007.

1. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/7552180

Legend has it Davy Crockett killed a bear when he was three. A distant relative of the 19th-century frontiersman has done the same thing at five.

Tre Merritt, a 5-year-old boy from Arkansas, killed a black bear Sunday, according to his grandfather.

"(The bear) came in about 40 to 50 yards," Mike Merritt, Tre's grandfather, told KATV of Little Rock, Ark, "and when he got in the open, I whistled at him and he stopped and I said, 'Shoot Tre.' "

And that's what his grandson did, killing the 400-pound animal.

"I was up in the stand and I seen the bear," Tre Merritt told KATV. "It came from the thicket and it was beside the road and I shot it."

According to the report, Tre's father said his son began shooting when he was 2 1/2 and killed three deer last year. What else would you expect from a decendant of the "King of the Wild Frontier?"

"His 10th great-grandfather was Davy Crockett," Mike Merritt said. "And Davy supposedly killed him a bear when he was three. And Tre is five and really killed a bear. I really doubt if Davy killed one when he was three."

2. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Cool!

3. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

...Raised in the woods so's he knew ev'ry tree
    Kilt him a b'ar when he was only three...

Dang! Shot a bear at five. Amazing.

4. RaymondPeter

RaymondPeter Simple Man

Crazy...

5. ozarkgoatman

ozarkgoatman Resident goat herder

[winkthumb]

OGM

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7