Deadly sling shots at airports

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gejoat, Apr 13, 2011.

1. gejoat

gejoat Monkey+

I found an interesting news article this evening.
    "Lufthansa Pilot Nabbed with Deadly Slingshots"

"A random bag search at Frankfurt Airport in Germany turned up two deadly slingshots and ammunition in a Lufthansa pilot's luggage. The pilot had just flown in from Los Angeles. " "The pilot is potentially in breach of both weapons laws and air safety laws and faces up to three years in prison under German law."
    Lufthansa Pilot Nabbed with Deadly Slingshots - AOL Travel News

I didn't see if this was carry on or checked baggage. Better not take any more slingshots to the airports.

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Air crew don't check baggage, there is a locker for it near or in the cockpit. (Unless things have changed since I last flew.)

3. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Apparently Frankfurt airport has been stepping up their security since the recent fatal shooting of that airman. Sucks to be that guy with the slingshot.

When I think "Deadly weapon", I don't think of slingshots. Common sense applies. Welcome to the New World.

4. BAT1

BAT1 Cowboys know no fear

OMG! Everybody run! He's got surgical rubber weapons, and steel balls. Stinking wankers!

5. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

The Liberal mindset is nothing short of truly amazing.........

That they can remain functional (to a degree) with so little brains..... rather like a seajelly....... :rolleyes:

6. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

Funny to think about, but most women are currently wearing double barrel slingshots... Are they going to have to claim and register their bras next?

I personally would feel much safer if all women flying would be bra-less...

seesaw

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7