defending??? So... why not just tell em???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OldDude49, May 29, 2023.

1. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

thing is… in too many places should you actually do such things now…

YOU are the one the DA goes after… need to get rid of such DA’s… FIRST…

over time the law has gradually changed to punish citizens over criminals…

perhaps the bleeding heart libs types created this… ???

our perhaps LEO’s and legal system was doing too good job???

news reporting got too NICE and failed to tell some stories or hide em back page???

and so the public became overly sheltered…

and never understood what the real world can be like???

IMHO to many vets avoid telling stories of what they went through…

cause it upsets family and friends… and that is probably the worst thing you can do…

IMHO telling them does 2 things one it helps them better understand why you are the way you are…

and two it tells them what the REAL world is like!

course that’s just my opinion…

2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

The other side of that is that in telling of your combat experiences, it brings back all that shit you spent years trying to suppress. Not saying that opening up that can of worms may not help in getting some relief in that now, others understand your struggle but as a non-combat vet I feel I have nothing to offer someone saddled with the horror of war but to listen and nod. I cannot offer any opinions on what they can do to deal with what they have experienced and any opinions I might have would be offered from someone who simply cannot relate to those experiences. A shoulder to cry on, OK. An understanding of why alcohol is an all day thing with them, OK. But, I have no solutions for ridding them of their demons, their anxiety, or fear.

I will listen, offer a shoulder, offer support but I will never fully know the tribulations one caries associated with their time in combat.

Bandit99 and duane like this.
  3. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

I understand you... not really addressed to anyone that ever served... combat or not...

what I am addressing is the pure disbelief shown by so many civilians when they are told the truth...

apparently they simply refuse to believe what their ears hear... you can even show em pictures and videos of the real thing...

perhaps has to do with the lives they had... always being shelters from the harsher side of the world???

duane likes this.
  4. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

I think it is not so much disbelief than that they don't want to know it or hear it or see it. Out of sight, out of mind. Just like all the homeless vets, just like all the illegal immigrants, just like the Native Americans, just like the working poor in this country, they don't want to acknowledge it. So I guess I am agreeing with your assessment!! [winkthumb]

Last edited: May 30, 2023
    OldDude49 likes this.
  5. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Thier real problem

[​IMG]
    "I reject your reality and insert my own....."

6. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

I also agree,
    I see a vet , I help as I can , this is my daily chapeau.

CraftyMofo likes this.
  7. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

that was pretty much what i was trying to say and you said it way better... thanks!

Oh BTW will I ever get full use gain or will I continue to be stifled here? Happened long time back and has never been removed...

I do not have full privileges here like most... not sayin I didn't deserve it at the time mind you...

not askin for anything more...

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7