Definitely a smart move, going with the Honda EU20i.

Discussion in 'Off Grid Living' started by Asia-Off-Grid, Apr 24, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

NW's

2. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I can see adding a little 2 stroke oil to the fuel on an engine in a particularly humid and salty environment, the oil coating could only help resist corrosion, but I seriously doubt that it would help fuel performance ,aside from the upper end lubrication .
    Clean 2 stroke oil is superior to used engine oil with a questionable past. When engine filters begin to fill with debris the valve inside allows every thing to pass. It has to, or there would be liabilities for blocking the flow completely .
    As for used oils regardless of color, the break down of the oil molecule it's lubricative power is gone.
    This is why synthetics have taken over the industry .

3. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

synthetics have taken over the industry as in additives , the base oil is still from the dead dinos etc .
    up to 1995 temps were in the 82-90C range , 2017 were 105C with 1.5bar caps to pressurize them .they run the engines at 105Cto 125C and the oil can be 140-160C so thats why Synthetic is used . And I only use oil from Europe because it's much better quality. .

I do this for a living . as in my paid trade .

I see driving them to death daily with the owners who have paid huge & skimp !!

I work as a Manufacture AME Rep .

4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Good LUBEOIL is the Cheapest Insurance one can buy, for ANY Internal Combustion Engine.... That and Regular, Routine Maintainance.... (Oil and Filter changes)

duane likes this.
  1. techsar
  2. Benjamin A. Wood
  3. Asia-Off-Grid
  4. Asia-Off-Grid
  5. Asia-Off-Grid
  6. Asia-Off-Grid
  7. Asia-Off-Grid
  8. Asia-Off-Grid
  9. Asia-Off-Grid
    Resource

Generator FAQ 2001