Delete Your Google Search History Before March 1st

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Mountainman, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

If you don't know that Google tracks you, among other people (hint hint) then think again. Other sites that protect your privacy have already been shut down and the one I use now is https://duckduckgo.com/ . Go to the link below and delete your history before the new privacy policy takes affect. Might not exactly get you there how they show it, but if you play around you will get there.

How to Remove Your Google Search History Before Google’s New Privacy Policy Takes Effect

Gator 45/70, ColtCarbine and TnAndy like this.
  2. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

I forgot I had one of those accounts. Deleted history and closed account, YouTube also.:D

3. Lucky Johnson

Lucky Johnson Monkey

Thanks for the tip! I deleted all of my Google accounts after cleaning out my history. :D

4. weegrannymush

weegrannymush Monkey+

Thanks, Lucky! Message received, understood and acted upon, lol!

5. strunk

strunk Monkey+

I stopped using Google services awhile back. I, too, use DuckDuckGo and enjoy it very much. If you use Tor (and you should use Tor), DuckDuckGo has a hidden service: http://3g2upl4pq6kufc4m.onion/ (that link will only work if you're using Tor). Use of the hidden service will allow your DuckDuckGo searches to take place entirely inside of Tor's network without your search ever exiting Tor to the public Internet.

Gafarmboy and Mountainman like this.
  6. weegrannymush

weegrannymush Monkey+

Sorry, Mountainman! Thank YOU for the post! Thanked Lucky Johnson in error. These Senior Moments are becoming more frequent.....woe is me.

7. Midnightblue72

Midnightblue72 Monkey++

Just added Duck Duck as my primary search engine, Thanks.

8. Byte

Byte Monkey+++

Went in to delete mine but it's not even turned on...my only options were 'no thanks' & 'turn web history on'. Hmmm must have set it to not track history at some point in the past.

Byte

9. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Apparently, I had already turned off web history. One thing I always do is to log out of my gmail accounts prior to resuming searches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7