Demographics

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RightHand, Nov 17, 2010.

Tags:
?
  1. Male

81 vote(s)
    69.8%
  2. Female

9 vote(s)
    7.8%
  3. Age 18 - 25

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  4. Age 26 - 35

9 vote(s)
    7.8%
  5. Age 36 - 49

29 vote(s)
    25.0%
  6. Age 50 and Over

75 vote(s)
    64.7%
  7. Novice Prepper 0 - 1 yr

8 vote(s)
    6.9%
  8. Work in Progress 1 -3 yr

25 vote(s)
    21.6%
  9. Long Term Prepper Over 3 yrs

65 vote(s)
    56.0%
  10. Do you Find Survival Monkey helpful as you prep

73 vote(s)
    62.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Nah it the damn'd color TV...;)

2. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

AKA plop the kid in front of Sesame Street and let the TV babysit. Not in my house.

3. azprospector

azprospector Happy Desert Rat

Our kids didn't watch much TV. Too many chores to do. There were only 3 stations were we raised our children and unless they liked the AG report or news in the morning, don't remember what was on in the afternoons - never got to see much TV during the day time and the only real programs worth watching were in the evening. Wasn't anything on after the 10 PM news. Actually we listened to more radio than anything.

4. Witch Doctor 01

I remember listening to the Green Hornet, The Shadow, and the Lone Ranger on Radio, and Theater of the Mind... we didn't get a TV until late 60's

chelloveck likes this.
  5. azprospector

When I was a kid, we didn't have a TV until we came out to AZ. That was in the mid 50's All we had was the radio back on the farm. We listened to The Green Hornet, Lone Ranger, Intersanctum, Theater of the Mind, Kraft Mystery Theater, Fiber McGee & Molly, The Jack Benny Show, The Red Skelton Show and a bunch of others. I don't think we missed TV in the slightest. In fact if they had those types of radio programs on today, I would probably sell the TV.

6. Suerto

Suerto Monkey+

Not saying it was any of you guys particularly.. BUT, there was a shift in parental techniques and priorities from the boomer generation to X, Y, or Z.. And it was widespread.. Otherwise, we would not have such a high rates of divorce, fatherless children, insolvent taxpayers, etc, etc, etc..

I agree that there is alot of crap on the television, but, as has already been stated, it was up to the parent to allow the child to watch said crap..

7. Witch Doctor 01

well you were right on that... ever hear of the Great Society Programs

Major programs

Great Society - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

8. azprospector

Everyone might as well face the fact that living is bad for your health. We humans have messed up big time. Not only in the big things but the small things also. Negative Living & Life Styles produces Negative Results & Consequences. At some point, all these Negative Results & Consequences result in a destructive implosion. This isn't the first time in human history that this has happened. Old Mother Nature has a way of dealing with this situation. She simply hits the RESET Button. I think Mother Nature is going to press that Reset Button pretty soon unless something really spectacular takes place real quick.

Gafarmboy likes this.
  9. Suerto

Suerto Monkey+

Wasn't aware of this WD.. I always blamed it on the hippies, womens lib, and that free love crap.. Oh yeah, and Dr. Spock with his new theory on how to raise kids back in the early 70's..

10. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

OMG!
    I just discovered I'm NOW considered to be some old white guy!

chelloveck likes this.
  11. Witch Doctor 01

welcome to my world...

12. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

chelloveck likes this.
  13. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I'd be willing to bet that the polls weigh in the same at other survival type web sites .

14. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

<BUMP>

51, here, and still as handsome as can be.

15. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Regrettably...some here like Nadja, CRC, Pax and others are no longer here among us... others will have changed status due to bracket creep....time and the grim reaper marches on.

Witch Doctor 01 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7