Department of Health and Human Services has ordered 14 million doses of potassium iodide

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stg58, Jan 2, 2014.

1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

14 million is not enough for the bay area let alone the west coast.

But if one is low or the supply is getting close to being dated it may be time to stock up..

And why before the first of next month:The packages must be delivered on or before February 1, 2014.

The Department of Health and Human Services has ordered 14 million doses of potassium iodide, the compound that protects the body from radioactive poisoning in the aftermath of severe nuclear accidents, to be delivered before the beginning of February.

According to a solicitation posted on the Federal Business Opportunities website, the DHHS asks contractors to supply, “potassium iodide tablet, 65mg, unit dose package of 20s; 700,000 packages (of 20s),” a total of 14 million tablets. The packages must be delivered on or before February 1, 2014.

Read more at Feds order 14 million doses of potassium iodide

2. fmhuff

fmhuff Monkey+++

Good thing to have on hand for sure but I think having some re-hydration drink mix in case of Cholera would be a very good thing as well. If SHTF cholera often follows. At least know how to mix your own batch.

Brokor likes this.
  3. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Strange. My latest Iostat shipment arrived just today. :)

Hey, I'm all for a good conspiracy theory, but Fukushima is so freaking real, along with its threat, this one needs no help.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7