depression ,ctrl+alt+ del economy..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tango3, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

So what the "heck" do monkeys expect to see if the .gov defaults and what do we do about it???? Become entirely self sufficient by next spring???I'm not even sure if that's entirely possible by anytime...With so many ants in this farm pulling for their own survival, surely (?) complete and utter collapse is not really possible;

?Hear me out: the real economy is built on "human need and human greed". If we all have a bad winter and municipalities default; so the utilities workers just don't come into work anymore and utilities are shutoff.I can see community centers or homes(with a wood stove or two opening to neighbors with a 1 piece of firewood (or 1 can of peas; entry fee to a neighborhood potluck. firewood would be brought in even a few pieces at a time by the "new wealthy". Coal picked up along the rail line heading into the power plant or an entire carload siezed...the.22 or 12ga.could become a unit of exchange. people will find workarounds. [beer]barging/rafting down the mississippi,to warmer latitutudes would be a "break out" business. or running supplies back up the rivers, An economy is unavoidable.(Perhaps a "fur trade" era economy ).
    What do you guys see , otherwise its just a chaotic mess with strong taking advantage of weak.".bada-bing bada-7.62 boom"; brigands and rapist will abso "f"-in lutely not last long.[beer]

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Worst case, chaos until the alpha locals take charge, and intertribal relations are established for trade.

3. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

I bet M is glad to be out west.......

4. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

In the longterm, I see us going back to local communities/economies. I even forsee these local economies with their own form of currencies that are based on real forms of value and not fiat based. I also see some major trade based between these communities, The only international trade would be for goods and resourse that nations don't have, but all of these possibilites do not take into account any major wars, our own .gov going tyrinical, socities completely breaking down, or even God forbid, any nuke exchanges.

Right now we all see a period of major change appering on the horizon, and I do not have a crystal ball to see into the future to find out how the reactions to these changes will take place. Granted the criminal elements will have the upper hand for awhile, but as you stated it won't last long for them.

Just my .02 worth.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7