Dick's is at it again

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by apache235, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I do not shop at Dicks nor do I know anyone who does. I could not imaging buying a gun from Dicks because they are not a gun store. So whether they chose to sell guns or not, I do not care. Dicks caters to urbanites IMO. Dicks recent actions appeals to their customer base, that is all. The only stores I care about that sell guns are the family owned ones. I have met some decent solid folks who own and run gun stores. Those are the folks I care about.

Gator 45/70 and Alf60 like this.
  2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Kroger and WalMart have joined Dick's... not selling to those under 21.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  3. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

always use an old timer FFL out of his house. They tend to be crotchety old veterans that think the world and todays kids are going to hell. Sure, the transaction might take 3 hrs .. but boy the stories. Coffee is not so good but the stories more than make up for it. Only use Large stores for commodity items.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Ah, OK. Your average grocery store is not a butcher shop ---
    I take your point well enough. Saying that, your LGS is apt to have clerks that are at least as MT headed as those at Dick's. Most places I've lived over the last umpteen years there there have been "sporting goods" emporiums that have at least a gun counter. Not all of the staff have been particularly knowledgeable, you gotta know your product.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

@VisuTrac AlaskaChick got a New Kurig, That makes REALLY Good Coffee, one cup at a time, and I have a whole raft of GREAT Stories, for the few of my Customers, that chose to pickup their FireArms in persom, and the Sale Paperwork usually takes just an Hour or two, as long as I get a “Proceed” from NICS... Most of my sales are Out of State, thru other FFLs, so they have to wait for the UPS Driver to deliver to their local Gun Store, and the NICS is not my business... But I do love the work...

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  6. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Kroger's? That is a supermarket chain. Do they sell guns?

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  7. ghrit

Yes, thru the subsidiary Fred Meyer pharmacies as the news said (and I remembered it from when we lived in Longview.)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  8. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

Fred Meyers on the West Coast are fairly good sized department type stores - good sized chain of stores out there ...

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  9. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

and I'm talking about buying a "legal anywhere" shotgun off the rack - buy off the shelf component parts "legal anywhere" - compile a 10 count shotgun "legal anywhere" .... and nothing that can't be reversed - if necessary ....

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  10. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Locally, Fred Meyers (a Kroger chain) and BiMart have stopped sales of ammunition to anyone younger than 21.
    Through the pharmacies? The ones I have been in have a counter back in sporting goods. They have maybe 20 feet of counter and ling guns behind that, and the selection it pretty well thought out. I took Mrs 3M to the one close to our house when she was shopping for hand guns and they had not one, but two experienced females help her. They knew what they were doing and so I just butted out and let the ladies do their thing while I browsed.

The frustrating part about all this is that by focusing on the tool there will never be any change in outcome. If I got up one day and saw that someone had dug a hole in my front yard I wouldn't be mad at the shovel, I'd be mad at the a-hole that tore up my yard.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  11. ghrit

In them thar days, FM was principally a drug store if I remember rightly. These days, drug stores sell other stuff, and that's the way I recollect it from back then. That was NOT yesterday, put it in the 70's. I don't know when Kroger's bought or started cooperating with FM, back then they were separate structures. Frankly, I don't remember much about those stores, it was a long time ago and guns were not in the forefront in my MT skull.

Gator 45/70 and 3M-TA3 like this.
  12. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

We have a "Freddy Fall-apart" in town... They put WallMart out of Business here, because they had a Negotiated Deal with the Barge Line for a cheaper rate, that the Line gave Wally World, and Wally's couldn't compete... It is still the "Low-Rent" shopping store, and the rest of us shop at a Local Outfit that delivers to the Airport, and Costco, whenever we are in town...

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  13. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Ours is pretty nice and has better produce than the other stores in our area. They are cheaper than Albertsons and Safeway but more expensive than Costco. For non produce items I hit Grocery Outlet, then WinCo & Costco before Freddies. Naturally I always go long on loss leaders.

14. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Lawyers are already looking to represent people over 18 and less than 21 who have been turned away from an FFL:
    National - Dick's Sporting Goods. Living up to their name - again

"Is anyone here an 18-20 year old who has actually been turned away from buying a rifle or ammunition at bi-mart, walmart, dick's, or fred meyer at an Oregon location? If so, I'd like to speak with you. I'm an attorney in Grants Pass, but I represent clients throughout the state of Oregon. Please message me."
    @BTPost called it in one of the other threads

15. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

I won't shop there. Over priced crap. Nothing but a bunch of Dicks anyway!

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  16. Lone Gunman

Lone Gunman Draw Varmint!

Hey! They're not called 'Dicks' for nothing! ;)

17. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

image.

18. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

Is this better snowflakes, or does it still scare you?
    image.

Oddcaliber, Gator 45/70 and VisuTrac like this.
  19. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Painted pink with unicorn and Hello Kitty stickers on it, it still scares them.

oldawg, Oddcaliber and Gator 45/70 like this.
  20. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

pony. unicorn. kitty.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7