Did I make a mistake?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by atlantamike, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Meplat

Meplat Monkey+

The drawing not only shows a "counter weight", it also shows a "counter weight pivot pin". To pivot is to move. There probably is nothing wrong with the gun. Some folks just like to run down other people, or other people’s passions, to make themselves feel superior.

In my opinion the High Point 9mm is ugly, clunky, too wide, too heavy, and quite serviceable. The Glock is ugly, too wide, and quite serviceable. The Highpower is elegant, slim, well balanced, and eminently serviceable. The High Point is made of zinc alloy, the Glock of plastic, and the Highpower of steel.

The High Point is a good gun for its intended use; self defense for those who can't afford a $700 gun. But it ain't a Highpower!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2015
  2. Meplat

Meplat Monkey+

Ditto on the triggers! A Glock trigger can only be loved by someone who knows nothing better. If you grew up shooting S&W revolvers the Glock trigger just makes you want to pull your hair out and scream! The only positive thing I can say about it is it helps newbs from developing a flinch, because you never know when the creepy, crawly, mushy, dragy son of a bitch is going to trip sear!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

3. wrc223

wrc223 Monkey+

Revolvers you have more options. Semi autos you are limited by the size of the mag well and the framework around that well.
    If you buy a .45cal ACP round semi auto the grip will be quite large. That is not to say you cant get a .45 with a smaller grip, I know Dan Wesson firearms you can get a bob tail .45 that has OUTSTANDING ergonomics for smaller hands. For other makers when you get down to 9mm or even .380 auto then you can get real small grips for smaller or women's hands. Of course by the time you get down to a .380, I have seen many people buy larger grips to gain a more positive control of their weapon. So, yes, to an extent you can get grips to fit you but you need to start with a weapon that feels right in your hands to begin with. Personalizing grips after that is for perfecting what already feels right in your hands. More important than selecting caliber for a personal defense pistol is selecting something that feels right in your hands. I have seen a ton of people buy a .45 because it will "knock a man down" but they cant hit a man size target at 20 feet because the gun is too much in their hands. They shoot my Ruger 9mm I have set up for my wife's hands and they can put 7 out of 10 rounds on target in rapid fire.

Mountainman likes this.
  4. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

I was thinking more along the lines with Idahoser when I posted, a revolver. Semi's you just have to deal with the mag well size and change the grip size if you want and can get them.

5. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

6. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

I have a hi point 9mm rifle and it is a fun plinking gun. So easy a cave man could do it but you guys are right that I wouldn't bet my life on it.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7