Did this really Happen? I remember a report from the 60s.

Discussion in 'Tin Foil Hat Lounge' started by HK_User, Mar 27, 2019.

1. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

About some married woman accusing her husband of infidelity after she watched Soap Operas all day long.

He removed the TV Tubes! This solved the problem.

I am unable to find any ref to this on the Web.

Any Ideas and yes I have searched repeatedly, in many ways.
    I believe this happened in NV in the Underground Nuke testing days.
    The husband was actually at work on the nuke testing project.
    Seems like this was a National News event.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
    DuxDawg, UncleMorgan, techsar and 2 others like this.
  2. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

Sounds like one of those things that is hidden in the dusty corners of the internet, although it doesn't sound like it should be uncommon.

I've got one like that too. It's a legal case about a guy with a last name that included every letter of the alphabet at least once. He insisted it was pronounced "Green." The judge agreed that Mr. Green could pronounce his name however he liked.

3. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Dating me
    1960-66 era
    We had tube testing machines that were in stores ? drug . can't remember.
    BUT back in those days , I can see pulling tubes from dumb brain boxes.
    Then you might get nookie if the new part was on its way , Cuz U fixed the rot box
    S

4. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

A longish time ago, my kids started turning into self-centered antisocial imbeciles. They had reached That Age.

So, one day, when they got home from school they were shocked, astounded, horrified, enraged, distraught, and discombobulated to discover that I had locked the television set in a closet.

It stayed locked up for two years.

They suffered an agonizing period of withdrawal. Then they started talking to each other and (gasp!) their parents. They started reading books and playing board games. They learned how to play cards and put puzzles together. Best of all, they learned to be themselves because the worst role models in the world were locked in the closet.

They no longer had access to 300 24-hr channels featuring nothing but moronic commercials and bad examples.

Later, after my son had become an adult and had a family of his own, he told me that locking the television up was the single best and most important thing I could ever have done for him and his sister.

I think there are a lot of marriages, and a lot of families, that could be fixed or simply made a lot better by shooting the television.

Preferably several times.

5. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

You can shoot after I watch Fox News,not before.
    Fox News and those old 1950’s and 60’s western movies are the things I watch.
    Gunsmoke
    Rifleman
    Red skeleton
    The Virginian
    All of the old ones

44044, Oddcaliber, john316 and 4 others like this.
  6. HK_User

Close but not the same. Nintendo was quickly boxed up and placed in the "Shop" family peace returned, grades improved, chores got done etc.
    Phones aka Face Machines are family killers.
    Me? Flip Phone is what I use for Business and it is often OFF.
    At most any wait time at appointments I am the one who is relaxed as most others are involved with their Face Machine.
    Nintendo is still in that box.

SB21, Oddcaliber, oldawg and 2 others like this.
  7. Salted Weapon

Salted Weapon Monkey+++

We are in the process of unplugging or as the say cutting the cord. We are having to do it slowly as so many things are mixed in with each other. Nearly 100% off all Google and gmails etc. Got my own server and did that.

SB21 and BTPost like this.
  8. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

9. HK_User

I think that is the show.

SB21 likes this.
  10. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

I cut the cable cord years ago! Get better info from You Tube.

SB21 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7