Diggin' Up Bones (animal activists might not like this)

Discussion in 'Turf and Surf Hunting and Fishing' started by Alanaana, Mar 14, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

I have trapped many things before, but I think this one felt like a big deal because it was the 1st time that I trapped a wild boar in my snare. This particular guy, was destroying the neighborhood gardens, stealing the neighbor's duck eggs, and had charged at my neighbors the day before he got trapped.
    Lavinia is curious...
    I'll take any opportunity to stretch.
    My dancer pose is improving!

This is only one pig and there are still more.

Hanzo, GrayGhost, duane and 3 others like this.
  2. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

They are a huge pain in the ass. Most of the US where they are a problem we grab our dogs, trap, bait, a rifle or shotgun plus a pistol as backup and blast em.

Hanzo, GrayGhost, duane and 3 others like this.
  3. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I had built a hog trap several years ago and have managed to catch a few until...
    The dumbest deer in the woods comes along and ...Bam hung up in the trap
    Silly thing couldn't find the hole cut in the top too jump out off.
    Off I go at 6am to release the animal.
    I have the trap here at the house, when I get the time back in the woods it will go!

spypoint._25705156708768.

Hanzo, GrayGhost, oldawg and 4 others like this.
  4. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I was going to say that's a strange looking pig.

Hanzo, GrayGhost, Bandit99 and 5 others like this.
  5. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

@oil pan 4 It has challenging to end this one even with broadheads and a shotgun to end this one. He did not want to go down. Tried to do it as quickly as I could.

Hanzo, GrayGhost, duane and 2 others like this.
  6. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

@Gator 45/70 That is a great trap you made, but clearly too effective! I don't have to worry about Deer here in the jungle, but back in my home town in Washington, they were everywhere. I couldn't go outside or look out of a window without seeing them and they love gardens.
    BIG conflict of interest.

Hanzo, GrayGhost, Bandit99 and 5 others like this.
  7. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Several years ago I got home to find a wild boar (not a farmyard porker) rooting under my Scuppernong grapevines. He was eating the fallen grapes. I rushed at him with my car and chased him off. The National Forrest was a few miles away, and he somehow got inside my fence. Never saw him again fortunately. Everytime I went outside for some time I carried my pistol.

DKR, Hanzo, GrayGhost and 3 others like this.
  8. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

@Seawolf1090 I'm glad you were able to run him off. It's nuts how much they can rearrange and destroy with their digging teeth. They're like shovels. My road is right by state land so I think regular sounders frequently come through. Lots of wild guavas here. Some of the wild pigs are so tall that they look like deer. I just started running on my road again. I have seen them in a distance and they haven't bothered me before, but maybe I should carry something stronger than my pepper spray.

Dunerunner, Hanzo, GrayGhost and 5 others like this.
  9. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Saw a pig track yesterday in the neighborhood. It was deep and bigger than my hand!

Gator 45/70, SB21, Alanaana and 2 others like this.
  10. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

Yikes! I'm testing out a new snare design with a very sensitive trigger, but the problem is that the chickens take the bait way before anything can happen. I guess they feel entitled since I set it under the tree they like to roost in.

1. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Nov 27, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  2. Alanaana
  3. Alanaana
  4. Alanaana
    Media

Got pigs?

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Nov 26, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  5. Alanaana
  6. Alanaana
  7. Alanaana
  8. Alanaana
    Media

Pig_family

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Nov 22, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  9. Alanaana
    Media

Pigs

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Nov 22, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  10. Alanaana
  11. Alanaana
    But first coffee.
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Mar 24, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  12. Alanaana
    This is Lavinia!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Mar 14, 2023, 4 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  13. Alanaana
    Media

Pig

It was the 1st hog I caught in my snare!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Mar 14, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  14. Alanaana
  15. Alanaana
  16. plumberroy
  17. Benjamin A. Wood
  18. Benjamin A. Wood
  19. chelloveck
    Rabbits beware! [MEDIA]
    Thread by: chelloveck, Jul 1, 2018, 5 replies, in forum: Back to Basics
  20. Zimmy
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7