Directions to the VisuTrac homestead

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CATO, Dec 11, 2012.

1. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Hey, @VisuTrac, when the SHTF, could you put up some signs with balloons in and and around Detroit to tell other Monkeys where they can fill up on your jet fuel? It appears that doing this will not jeopardize OPSEC since no one in Detroit can read. [slow]

Only 7% of Detroit Public-School 8th Graders Proficient in Reading | CNS News

All of these kids will be ready for a gubmint job by the time they're 18. No reading skillz required. Perfect conscripts for the new "Freedom Corp."

In all seriousness....I think MI is going to be a bad place to be when it happens. (I know, discussed previously).

2. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

@CATO, TSHTF hit here a little over 10 years ago. Mfg moved out in droves for overseas, over the border and over to neighboring states that didn't have unions.
    I worked for over 16 years in a mfg company, we had 30 peeps when we started grew to 250, then things moved away, large customers wanted price reductions annually or threatened to move the biz. even meeting the price reductions through automation, laying off people, having those that remained run multiple machines, they moved the product anyway once they got their production ramped up. That was 7 years ago. they are still in business, had 2 or 3 different owners and now have about 40 people.

Anyway, mfg has left the state it's not coming back. Anyone that thinks it will, has got their head in the sand. New technology (solar, battery, wind) is about the only thing that is growing in the state in mfg. But we have paid dearly for it through tax incentives and grants.

This place has officially 10% employment, depending on the industry and city. You might be looking upwards of 40% un/under employment.

So, the shft has hit here. Michigan will be fine. We've been living it for years. Just to let you know it's not TEOTWAWKI.

By the way, I've got no jet fuel only a few cans of Kerosene, probably not enough to taxi. BUT, I do know where the fuel depots are in case you are interested.

And as a side note. Don't touch the gate.

3. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Yeah . . . I know, it was just a joke.

Imagine if the movie Wolverines had taken place in MI instead of the midwest. The Cubans and Ruskies would be chasing 20 different copy-cat groups because they spelt their name different every time.

Woolvereens!
    Wuhlverenes!

VisuTrac likes this.
  4. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Are you kidding? We'd just use W cause the rest is just too many letters.

5. cdnboy66

cdnboy66 Monkey++

wouldn't it end up shortened to U because who needs 2 of em??

Yard Dart likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7