...dirtiest dirty trick in US presidential history?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bandit99, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Lol. Wow you got riled over that. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

I am proud of my country and that does not mean I buy the whole Trump culture. I'm still waiting for some definitive actions from him. He has made some good starts but hasn't completed anything that I can point to and say. Glad I voted for him. and yes I did vote for him but I did not make him a god. He has very big clay foot that he sticks in His mouth often. I do like that he seems to say it like it is and i respect his position as President.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    Ura-Ki, 3M-TA3 and Motomom34 like this.
  2. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

IMO every country has a political machine. Each country has its own issues. I find a view point of someone on the outside looking in to often be more spot on then what FOX news/ CNN is reporting. I also find that people who are boots on the ground, living in the US have a knowledge that people living outside of the country do not see.

Personally I find both parties hypocrites and they work harder to destroy each other and point fingers rather then trying to band together to save our country. I voted for Trump but he is a braggart who tends to exaggerate to make himself look rich and powerful.

Ura-Ki and 3M-TA3 like this.
  3. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

Ganado,first I don’t like nobody talking down my country,secound I really do not like somebody from another country saying bad things about my country. There’s enough being said like it is,any more just fuels the fire. The way these old eyes see it we are not far from a civil war as it is. We are having our policemen being shot every day because dumb ass people are getting the idea that police are bad. Were are these people getting these ideas,they are getting them from other people saying how bad the police are. Our last president done more to take this country down than any president has ever. Fifty years ago he would along with a bunch more would have been rightly supended from the nearest tree for treason.Right now we do need everybody behind our president and our country.So when I hear someone talking my country down I will stand up and talk back.

Ura-Ki and Asia-Off-Grid like this.
  4. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

What would you do and say if that person was American?

Ganado and Ura-Ki like this.
  5. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Yes, I am quoting myself because think before answering. Step back and self-reflect: How often do we trash talk people who have an opposing political party? When is the last time you have had a discussion with someone who voted for Hillary? When is the last time you chatted and laughed with someone who believes in Black Lives Matter or wears one of those pink hats?

Divided we will fall. If we cannot figure out how to put aside the rage for opposing political foes, then we will not make it. That is my opinion

Ganado and Ura-Ki like this.
  6. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I would "Say" that EVERY Citizen of this Country, has a Right to an Opinion, and to express that Opinion, as they see fit.... HOWEVER, Some folks seem to think their Opinion has more veracity, and carries more weight than anybody else's Opinion, and THAT is just TOTAL BS...This is true of many, if not MOST, of the HollyWierd People, the Rich, Famous Crowd, and Folks in the LGBT Bunch... As far as I am concerned their Opinions are NOT any more or less valid, than the local Town Drunks Opinion... I decide what MY Opinion is, and state MY Opinion as JUST "My Opinion"... When I do state it, for Public Consumption...

Ganado, Ura-Ki, Asia-Off-Grid and 4 others like this.
  7. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

:5s:

Ura-Ki and oldman11 like this.
  8. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

Motomom,now I can go along with what you said. I just get riled up when I think of our children not having a country like we had when growing up. We were the most powerful nation until the last three presidents,right now We have very little support from other country’s,our military is the weakness it has ever been,our borders are open for anyone,our police are being killed most ever day,etc. were are we headed??? Question,how can a president go into office broke and eight years later come out a multi-millionaire. He cannot do it honestly.

Ura-Ki and Motomom34 like this.
  9. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

That is very true. Seems DC tends to corrupt all because they all exit as millionaires. But I believe people are slowly waking up to the ways of the world and how we are being brainwashed. People are starting to see what Hillary really is. But many cannot easily admit they were deceived.

I have found that turning off the TV and not listening to talk radio has calmed me to the state of the country. I am not 100% clueless but I am not getting bombarded daily with all the ugliness that is taking place. I tend to agree to disagree more, always said with a smile. And that most often defuses the situation/disagreement so we can move on to being fellow citizens rather then political parties.

Ganado, Ura-Ki and oldman11 like this.
  10. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

In my (current) area stating a conservative opinion will at best get you ostracized and physical violence would not be unexpected. I say nothing to anyone outside select members of my immediate family and closest friends. I can think of nowhere that expressing a liberal opinion would have the same consequences.

Motomom34, Asia-Off-Grid and Ura-Ki like this.
  11. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

You didn't hurt my feelings. Thanks for the concern, though. To clarify something here, it was your misunderstanding of what a "personal attack" is, that I was addressing.

Of course they do. As an American, I do not voice an opinion on say, English government issues, because I am not one of the Queen's subjects. I know very little about their political machine.

I was referring to those who do not understand our political machine, due to being from another country where they don't even appreciate the rights, privileges and freedoms that we do.

Americans, no matter where they may be in this world, are often much more switched on about our politics than those from other countries are about theirs. We tend to be much more passionate about our politics than other countries' citizens are about theirs.

I realize this was directed toward @oldman11. However, I wanted reply to it.

In my opinion, if the person was an American Citizen, they can knock themselves out. They have that right.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  12. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Politics and Religion are 2 sure fire ways to make a holiday gathering way more exciting.

13. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

@Ganado "...because in other parts of the world he is viewed more realistically."
    I truly doubt one must be from another country to 'view' President Trump realistically. I can't think of anyone here that adores, swoons, or even super-animated about our President. He's brash, unpolished, and has a big mouth for starters; however, unlike ANY politician that has ever held a high-level position in our lifetimes he doesn't care about the politics or next year's election so he can be brash, unpolished, etc. What he wants is to accomplish some things and hopefully that will be his legacy. I think he is finally starting to understand that to accomplish anything in the swampland needs a bit of polish, politically known as 'brown-nosing'. But, having said that... How in the world did you misconstrue "Where is chelloveck when Hillary is talked about?" to be a personal attack? It's a fair question, especially since he normally defends Hillary and more so since he slammed dunked Trump concerning the Russia investigations when there were no facts but now the situation has reversed itself 180 degrees...

@Motomom34 "...to exaggerate to make himself look rich and powerful."
    Errr...I don't think he has to exaggerate. LOL! But, I think we all understood what you meant...Sorry, I had to poke fun at you LOL!

"When is the last time you have had a discussion with someone who voted for Hillary?...chatted and laughed with Black Lives Matter...Pink hats."
    But, you are assuming, MM34, they will have a discussion and it's not a one-way conversation. I think that is a big, unrealistic assumption given what most of us has seen or experienced; however, I believe you are correct in "Divided we will fall." But, to point out the obvious, we're already 'divided' and that is not ever going to reverse itself because it has gone much, much too far. Don't get me wrong, I wish it would, but it won't. Never. Ever. Won't. In fact, it's getting worse. Geez, I wonder what odds Vegas would give us on that happening? And, when they win the next election, and they will, watch what happens. We'll see if they're open to discussion...

One last thing then I am off my soapbox... "EVERY Citizen of this Country, has a Right to an Opinion" I think everyone here would agree with BTPost's statement. As a citizen of this country I can speak my mind critically about my country's mistakes, failings, lies and corruption; in fact, it's expected of me. But, there is an unspoken law of etiquette when speaking about another's country. And, while you can be critical you should not be insulting and especially take delight in it and/or its failings. This is my opinion but it's from years of direct experience abroad.

Ganado, Ura-Ki and Asia-Off-Grid like this.
  14. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

sorry if I’ve riled anyone but now you know how I feel about my country. But let me make myself clear if I hear someone running my country down I will fight back. No hard feelings,good nite everyone.

Bandit99, Asia-Off-Grid and Ura-Ki like this.
  15. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I Agree with 3M-T3A, if you don't tow the correct party line, you are at best ostracized, and worse, giving a beatin! Unfortunately, this is more the norm then the exception! This really bugs me, I have every right to speak, and yet these assholes continue to deny MY rights, while celebrating THEIR'S! Things are going to change pretty soon, and some lefties are gonna get squished bad. Problem is, so far they have not squared off against a superior group of highly skilled Vets, when it happens, the whole free speech thing is going to change back to the way it was always meant. You and I have every right to have a discussion, and even if we do not agree, we have the obligation to be civil to each other. The other change that will come, just because you have the right dosnt mean you are free from being held accountable for WHAT you say. There are people locked up in club Fed for nothing more then saying something, and having it held against them, time to apply that across the board!!!

16. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

No Rile here .
    I needed to put that member on ignore .
    I had enough of the Common Wealth BS .
    I live it & it's just as bad .
    Sloth

oldman11 and Asia-Off-Grid like this.
  17. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

You don't have hope that things will heal and people will start treating each other as humans not as political parties? People need to stop judging by skin color etc. but I wonder what it would take to get the country to band together. Actually I wonder if it has always been this way but now that we have the internet, things are more spotlighted.

Ganado and Zimmy like this.
  18. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

No, I don't think things can heal. I think they were better before President Obama however during his time things deteriorated greatly, pretty much at his direction, plus the media and the internet made huge leaps in technology which made things worse, not better. I am not saying this to be cruel or argumentative but at a point things do come to a head and the lines are now definitely drawn. Actually, this has happened before, many times in fact, in history. To be clear, what I am saying is the country will never band together again - at least not of their own doing. It can be forced to come together given outside influence such as a war of survival but to do it on their own from common sense and logic - never. America is dead. And, New Amerika is a place of us-vs-them, violence and the rules are ill-defined so much so that we never know what is going to happen next with our three branches of government because they are so divided.

Motomom34 and 3M-TA3 like this.
  19. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Any time we start to merge as a people there will be those who will force us apart for their own political agenda. This is exactly why we left the "melting pot" for "diversity". Never forget that "diversity" and "divide" as in "divide and conquer" have the same root.

I myself will treat others with respect so long as they return that no matter their race, religion, sex, sexual preference or whatever they come up with next to keep us at odds with each other.

Ganado, Motomom34, Zimmy and 2 others like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7