Dirty word!!!! Dirty word!!! Dirty word!!!!

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Funnyrunner, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Funnyrunner

Funnyrunner Monkey++

Ya know what's the ultimate in not fair?

Just picked up my Taurus 1911SS from FFL at 5:30pm and had to be at work at 6:45!!!!

Now, it's sitting there at home feeling neglected and I am stuck here at work all night!!!

Beautiful finish on it tho and it came with Novak 3 dot sights instead of the Heinie....sure feels good in the hand too. Did manage to put the Pachmayr grips on before I had to get ready for work. Still have an STI left hand safety to put on it.

Tried to tell the boss I was feeling sick and needed to go home but had already screwed up and showed er a pic of my new pride & joy so she knew I just wanted to go home and play with it.

Anyone wiling to call work for me and tell them I am needed at home immediately cause my dog's third cousin's second child's uncle's, grandpuppy is ill????
    021a.

2. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

wow sweet! I can baby sit when you gotta go in ...

3. NVBeav

NVBeav Monkey+++

That looks very nice. Be sure to give us some specs on it (e.g. caliber, rounds in magazine, barrel length). For some reason, I've been seeing a lot of 1911-type pistols in 40S&W, although most seem to be 45acp.

And most importantly, let us know how it goes at the range!

4. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Yes, I am interested in how this Taurus 1911 performs. I passed up a chance at one before.

5. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I have two of them and they are the ones I shoot most out of may 1911s that I own. I do not believe they can be beat for the price. Mine shoots circles around my Kimbers.

6. Funnyrunner

Funnyrunner Monkey++

The Taurus PT1911's all come with the following:

Home » Pistol » TAURUS 1911 .45 ACP PISTOL IN BLUE STEEL ... [​IMG] BACK
    [​IMG]
    TAURUS 1911 .45 ACP PISTOL IN BLUE STEEL

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Click on image to enlarge

[​IMG] Taurus Security System (TSS)s
    Taurus family of semi-auto pistols now feature the Taurus Security System, which provides instant-ready defense with built-in ability to secure your pistol and make it inoperable at the turn of a key. When the Security System is engaged, the pistol cannot be fired or cocked and the gun's manual safety cannot be disengaged. As with our revolver Security System, the device is part of the firearm and cannot be lost, and the same special Security Key works for both the revolver and pistol Systems (two keys come with most guns). To engage: simply insert the Key into the button on the rear or side of the pistol and rotate one-quarter turn clockwise. This engages the Security System. The manual safety cannot be moved and the trigger cannot be pulled. To disengage: simply rotate the key one-quarter turn back. This releases the Security System, yet leaves the pistol's manual safety in the "safe" position until you are ready to release it yourself and fire the gun.

[​IMG] Forged Slide and Frame

[​IMG] Excellent fitting of slide to frame

[​IMG] Ventilated and lighted trigger
    Ventilated and lighted trigger with Minimum over-travel

[​IMG] 8 Rd magazine with bumper pad
    8 RD magazine with bumper pad

[​IMG] Genuine Novak® Sights
    Genuine Novak® Sights

Plus I have Pachmayr grips and 3 extra Chip McCormick 8 rd mags
    It's a full sized .45 (y)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2016
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary