"Distance"

Discussion in 'Survival Reading Room' started by tsherry, Oct 26, 2010.

1. tsherry

tsherry Monkey+++

Just started posting ‘Distance’, the fourth book in the Deep Winter series, at Deep Winter.

As (my exceptionally complicated) life allows, I’ll try to get a chapter up per week, until things settle down (HA! Like I believe they’ll settle down! Right!)

Take care gang—Rocky ride ahead.

Tom S.

2. Byte

Byte Monkey+++

Great! Looking forward to diving into this one.

Byte

3. tsherry

tsherry Monkey+++

Six chapters or so up at present, more coming I hope for the weekend or early next week.

4. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

Enjoying Distance so far...back to that "make the daily check to see if there is a new chapter yet" phase so reminiscent of when you were writing Remnant...

Glad to see another!

[applaud]

5. tsherry

tsherry Monkey+++

First 10 chapters are up, another should be up tomorrow...

6. CANDY fISHER

CANDY fISHER Monkey+

Im sorry, but not sure what these books are, what are the book s by name so I can look them up on kindle? I just down loaded when all hell breaks loose, lights out ( thats pretty good so far ) and one second after ( not gotten to that one yet either) these deep winter books sound interesting!

7. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Cf, some of our members are authors. "Distance" is tsherry's work, and is linked in the first post above.

8. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

His 3 that are published are (in order) Deep Winter, Shatter, and Remnant. He is currently working on a companion story Distance, the first 11 chapters (as of this writing) of which are posted here: Deep Winter: Distance, Chapter 1. All are very good reads with a lot of good tips thrown in.

9. tsherry

tsherry Monkey+++

Chapter 14 just posted....Shootin' war has started.

10. capt45

capt45 Monkey+

I spent this afternoon reading through all 14 chapters of "Distance".

It's great! The opening scenario - major natural catastrophe on top of the economic crisis - is so plausible. And I especially appreciate that the protagonist is completely caught off guard in a big city. We aren't that unprepared, but it's helpful to see the collapse from "Doug's" perspective.

Thanks Tom. I'm looking forward to Chapter 15!

11. tsherry

tsherry Monkey+++

Chapter 15.....juuuust up

12. tsherry

tsherry Monkey+++

New chapter, up this evening.

Cephus likes this.
  13. capt45

capt45 Monkey+

Huzza! I've just finished the "Deep Winter" trilogy - great by the way! - so I'm ready to continue this new one!

14. Moose57

Moose57 Monkey+++

Sounds like good reading. I just sent an email to tsherry requesting a pdf. of the trilogy. Can't wait to start reading.

Paul

15. Wags

Wags Monkey+

I enjoyed the trilogy and am enjoying Distance too.

16. tsherry

tsherry Monkey+++

Chapter 18...

All right, finally got kid #2 back to school after spring break, and kid#1 is now watching the NIT tournament in person. SO, had a spare minute to go back through chapter 18 and POSTED IT.

Sorry for the delay, gang.

Tom S.

Cephus likes this.
  17. tsherry

tsherry Monkey+++

Finally got chapter 20 done and posted...

Cephus likes this.
  18. Wags

Wags Monkey+

Chapter 21 has been up for awhile, and I'm eagerly awaiting the next installment. :)

Thanks to the Deep Winter series a lot of folks around me have had their eyes opened and are thinking seriously about what they would do in a similar situation, since we live in the PNW and face the same hazards.

Cephus likes this.
  19. tsherry

tsherry Monkey+++

Chapter 24 just up on the blog....

Tom S.

Wags, Moose57 and Cephus like this.
  20. Moose57

Moose57 Monkey+++

Sweet! Another fix!

Paul

Cephus likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary