Disturbing Incident at a Range

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Quigley_Sharps, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Not me, but however I read this and I had never thought of someone having a bucket load of balls and trying to steal and gun off of a range.
    food for thought I say.

2. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Disturbing yes, unheard of no.

A local range was hosting a "machine gun shoot for charity" where they had several MG, and various other weapons available to shoot. Well there was supposed to be one person at each lane monitoring the weapons and the customers (many had never shot a MG before).
    Well, 2 of the lanes had "pocket guns", one was a kel-tec p3at and I forget what the other was. Unfortunatly there was only one person watching both lanes for the pocket guns, and I guess someone wanted to see how the gun fit into there pockets.
    Security camera could not see anyone "pocketing" the gun.

Just another reason I will never leave my firearms unattended at the range (not that I ever did before)

3. toemag

toemag Monkey++

This is a strange tale, I seem to remember some kid shooting the shooters on a range somewhere in Northern Germany to steal their guns because he wanted to start out as a hit man[booze].

Things like this always make you sit up and take notice, we all observe good range discipline point the gun down range etc etc, but few of us ever take the next shooter for a thief or criminal etc.

Tony

4. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Our public range has become infested with "Gangsta Wannabes" ont he weekends - they show up in a half dozen cars, their women dressed to the nines in designer threads while the Homeys are in typical Urban Mufti. Looks a real hoot. :lol:

Fortunately, they usually arrive around tenish or later - have to sleep off the partying the night before. I'm usually there at zero-dark-thirty and gone by 9ish. I ALWAYS carry. We have no range officers either.

We have had a guy report his .45-70 lever-action stolen recently.

We are noticing a lot more bullet holes in the wall between the 50 and 100 yard ranges, and in the steel outhouse doors.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7