Divide and Conquer

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by RightHand, Nov 10, 2016.

1. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

I think a large part of how this came about should be laid at the feet of our education system...

seems it is more interested in indoctrinating then educating...

they don't even teach the Declaration of Independence, Bill fo Rights, or the Constitution anymore in many places...

Sapper John, Ura-Ki and RightHand like this.
  2. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Well we Republicans were more worried about the economy than the education system so we did not work I n eduction. The demo we cleaver. They worked on the education system.

It's our own darn fault! so stop passing the buck or the blame like a liberal

3. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

I been tryin ever since 1976 to get people to pay attention to the education system!

Saw it comin all the way back in 1965... guess no one cared or maybe they didn't believe...

now we got many young people actin like ass's all over the place n cryin for a safe place to hide...

like maybe under their bed?

does not bode well for our future as a nation IMHO...

Sapper John and Ura-Ki like this.
  4. Olympic mountain man

Olympic mountain man just a lonely cook

The us will never let Alaska go because of the money and power that is held there because of oil my dream is to move there but they will never let it go the army would be smaller yes but twice as tough the men are real men the children are men and the women are just as tough and deadly no they will never let my dream land be free

5. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

Excellent point...we allowed our education system to become a statist indoctrination system...and we best start turning that around before we're gone and our great-grand kids end up totally zombied out. What we do in our own local school systems should be our top priority to take this country back.

Sapper John, Ura-Ki and Ganado like this.
  6. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

BINGO!

we have a winner! (y)

Ura-Ki and Ganado like this.
  7. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

Grazi.....now try this one on for size. I think it should be us grandparents manning the school boards...not parents. Time for the elders of the tribes to reclaim their rightful places.

8. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

thinkin we need folks up there where they decide what's gonna be in the books too... who is it approves what is taught?

Ura-Ki likes this.
  9. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I think the textbook approval committee should include lay people as well as academics and school board members.

This is akin to the makeup of the supreme court. I believe the court should have a balance of both liberals and conservatives. I don't want a court that is tilted unreasonably one way or the other. we always hope that the justices remember that they work only in the interests of the constitution but their interpretation of the meaning of the document an differ. I want to see a fair and balanced interpretation, now one that is skewed.

In the same way, I want the textbook committee to consider weather the texts are #1 factual and #2 represent the mores not only only of the country but also of the community and use those guidelines when reviewing what will be taught in our schools.

I don't think that every opinion I hold is necessarily the only one that has merit. I look for a reasonable dialog with equal weight paid to all.

ghrit, Sapper John, Ura-Ki and 2 others like this.
  10. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

Sadly thinkin that is probably how we got to this point in the first place?

My point being our actual history and the meaning behind the Declaration of Independence etc... are pretty much ignored now.

Consider the slavery issue...

history says several of the founding fathers had slaves... and that gets twisted into they were all no good slavers...

truth is several probably inherited their slaves and wanted to free them but decided against it... WHY?

well look at the movie 12 years a slave for one thing...

had they freed their slaves the danger of such happening to those slaves was pretty high...

and ya got to figure many of their slaves had no or very little education... they would have been taken advantage of big time...

so... maybe they kept them out of caring for em... and like Jefferson they did all they could to prepare them for later freedom?

see where I'm going with this? See where it was taken though?

and rarely if ever is much said about the colonial period of the world when Europe had colonized the more backward areas of the world.

and the terrible things they did in the process... often things that were worse then what happened with the U.S.

but that don't get covered much... everything is how terrible the U.S.was and is... way out of balance...

11. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I agree that the textbooks rewrite history to suit the customer - the book buyer - not to suit good solid education.

Sapper John, Ura-Ki and Ganado like this.
  12. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I keep a copy of the declaration of independence and the bill of rights on me all the time .
    I don't have it memorized, that's why I keep a copy.
    I have been bucking the system since I was a kid, but teachers are more concerned with what each other think, like kids, they are too stupid to think about the future.
    They have the agenda handed to them from collage . and being liberals can't function with out it.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7