DIY Liberator pistol

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by padkychas, Apr 19, 2008.

1. padkychas

padkychas Monkey+++

Remember the liberator pistol?
    There is a guy who is working on a DIY flat at the weaponeer forums. He has a cut sheet metal .22LR one working and is working on a 9mm and 45acp types.
    I think that every body needs to make a few and put them away for a "just in case" need.
    Also it is a good way teach someone how to make them out of some scrap and a end of a old barrel and a welder and some work.
    and all with no paper work.
    http://www.weaponeer.net/forum/forum...521&PN=1&TPN=1

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2015
  2. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2015
  3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

When I was a kid, they called them zip guns. No reason why not that I can see --

Cephus likes this.
  4. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

I've wondered if a hard wood block lined with brass hobby tubing would withstand standard velocity .22(in a pocket "derringer" format.)

5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Yes. Don't ask.

Okie_Doke likes this.
  6. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I had seen someplace where someone made a single shot .38 IIRC by rolling up a magasine tightly around it and some duct tape and had a ribber band and nail to fire it.

7. MbRodge

MbRodge Monkey+++

Eventually in a long term collapse we're going to need to know how to craft a black powder musket and gun powder.

8. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I can't see any reason to need a single shot smoot-bore pistol as a means of gathering better arms when it occupies the same space as a real weapon, so why not just use your Glock?

9. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

collect 80% and build your own.

10. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

From my understandin the main reason why they made them single shots rather than 'real' weapons of the same size was cost. They were able to make the Liberators for around $ each in stead of $50-100 or more (back in WWII money) and as such they were able to make a LOT more of them since they were basicly just to be dropped in occupied areas to supply to insurgents or resistance fighters.

Main reason for building one would be that they are so much simpler than say a Glock to make all the parts for and such that an average person in the garage would have a better chance of being able to do it.

11. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Bump lest we forget that weapons need not all be sub-MOA especially if you are one of the unfortunate city/apartment bound preppers.

12. Cephus

Cephus Monkey+++ Founding Member

Some used an car antenna ,the old ones that would telescope .
    Again don't ask.LOL

13. beast

beast backwoodsman

black powder is easy to make
    only the flowers of sulphur cant be grown at home, easily
    the other ingredients are so close you wont believe it

VisuTrac likes this.
  14. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

After the messages of Katrina, city bound preppers should have bought an inexpensive 12ga.

15. Dutch

Dutch Monkey+

For the time and effort in building one of the afformentioned improvised shooters, I think I would just pick up a Jennings or something along the same lines.

In my neck of the woods they cost around $150 and are good for what I call a 'truck gun'. Meaning I can keep it in my car or truck and if my truck gets stolen or broken into I'm not out a ton of money.

Granted, it's no Glock. But it will probably be better than a nail, rubberband and piece of brake tubing.

Dutch[2c]

16. beast

beast backwoodsman

and when there are no stores where you can "pick up" a weapon
    and you are in desperate need of such with no money or means to get one
    what will you do then? wish youd looked this over and tried it at least just once
    so you would have in your memory how it could be done to save your a$$
    just a thought to ponder for all you people that prefer buying over making

17. VisuTrac

I think my favorite homebuilt is the 4 winds shotgun (AKA Slam-Bang shotgun)used by the Phillipenos against the Japanese during WWII.

The question was raised, why would anyone want to use a 'homebuilt' and why should anyone need to know how to make one?

Well, just imagine that obmanation actually signs the UN small arms treaty, and the military is tasked with going from door to door and removing all weapons. Wouldn't it be nice to know that you could at least make some?

As for it never happening, well, gun control worked for Hitler, Stalin. and the UK and OZ have pretty much gone gun free soooooooo. Call me crazy if i think some idiot might actually try it here.

Sapper John likes this.
  18. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

Ummm.......why would ya need to make one in that case though? With a lil skill & a knife, you could TAKE a nice Government Issue one!!!

19. VisuTrac

Stang, use your imagination man. This doesn't need to be hand held. There maybe a multitude of deployment methods.

That being said. Hit and run man, hit and run.

20. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

You are the weapon; the rest is glitz.

beast likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7