DIY Solar Panels

Discussion in 'Off Grid Living' started by Tyler Danann, Dec 26, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

First, I would like thank the O/P for the time he put into his post.

Years gone, it probably was a cheaper solution to build your own panels, than to put the money out for manufactured panels from companies. (See Swanson's Law graphic)
    Swansons-law.

However, these days, with the prices of panels at an all time low, it simply isn't worth the time and effort you have to put into it, in order to build your own panels.

I live in Cambodia, and have for the past, oh, going on four years. Prices for panels are somewhat higher here than they would be in the US, for example. Internationally, I have seen a significant drop in panel prices in the last three years. In the Philippines, a company currently offers panels even cheaper than here. (CDR King, a nationwide electronics shop.) Not sure about the quality of them, though. And, I don't think I would be mounting them to the roof of my home, as I would panels from reputable manufacturers that I find here. (I deal with Just Solar or Yingli panels, typically.) I would not hesitate to put them on a ground or pole mount, though.

2. xiaobao

xiaobao Monkey

Make a solar panel is only for education purpose... Living off grid is a serious thing.

Motomom34, BTPost and Gopherman like this.
  3. Tyler Danann

Tyler Danann Monkey+

4. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

Ironically, a solar panel salesman I keep in contact with, let me know about some panels yesterday. The company is Just Solar. Here is part of his email:

Ganado, techsar and Cruisin Sloth like this.
  1. Navyair
  2. Cwmoore
  3. CrazyJs
  4. Asia-Off-Grid
  5. Asia-Off-Grid
  6. Asia-Off-Grid
  7. Asia-Off-Grid
  8. Asia-Off-Grid
  9. Asia-Off-Grid
  10. Asia-Off-Grid
  11. Asia-Off-Grid
  12. Asia-Off-Grid