DO Not Be Afraid

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Seacowboys, Dec 18, 2007.

1. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

Sorry, my low horse is in the shop (sarcasm intended). It wasn't my intent to sound like I was on a high horse. I just grabbed my closest thought and typed it. My thimble full of theology should have been kept on this side of the screen. My bad. [beer]

I do know what the Constitution's purpose is, my phrasing sucked. I know what I meant to say, how come you didn't? :lol:[booze]

2. <exile>

<exile> Padawan Learner

Just out of curiosity Brokor, who do you think they are referring to when they mention Creator?

3. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Minutemans words have touched me. Brokors response with full respect for Minuteman's beliefs was just amazing. This discussion reminds me of the old days here at the monkey. We discussed and debated our thoughts, differences and opinions without resorting to personal attacks. Discussions about faith are always a bit touchy. I'm glad we can have them without getting insulted or offended.

Thanks to all.

4. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Thought provoking discussion about important topic and beliefs. This is a perfect example of a good debate. [applaud]

5. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

I try to avoid the thin ice of such a devisive topic as religion here. Brokor is one of the very few people that I would dare to broach such a controversial topic with. I suspected that he would take it in the vane that it was meant. I have watched your writings here since the Monkey began and you and I my friend are so very close in ideaology. Thank you for your kind response and yes I am stepping down from my pulpit now.

Brokor likes this.
  6. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Probably the most important/challenging thread I've read here. Minutemans eloquent post touched me also. I have my unanswered questions...I am glad minuteman can find solace in his beliefs. Brokor ; I would chose no-one else here to present the opposing view.

Rock on friends...

7. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Regardless of our individual religious (or lack thereof) beliefs, all of us here are primarily interested in survival of an apocalyptic event leading to TEOTWAWKI, either local or global. The essence of the site is not in what lies at the end of the event, but in lasting long enough to reach the rewards offered by religion or getting past the event to enter the next phase of shrink and swell of civilization. In that, it seems we are united, a very good thing, says me.

8. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

Thomas Jefferson was a deist, not a christian. Most of our founding fathers had very "off and on" relations with religious institutions, as many were very put off by religion. In the treaty of Tripoli, we acknowleged in print that this country's founding was not based on christianity, approved without objection by every member of congress.

I understand this topic has a very inflammatory nature, and it has gone very well so far, so I'll try to keep with that.

I do have a lot to say, and ask on this issue, so I'll invite all interested to a thread I just posted in the inferno where you'll be free to condemn me, or educate me, or agree with me as you see fit.

http://www.survivalmonkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8044

</exile>

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7