Do not buy gold or silver, buy this instead

Discussion in 'Financial Cents' started by oil pan 4, Jul 13, 2016.

1. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I'm starting to think the rhodium game is just about up.
    Looking back rhodium prices are at about a 6 year high now last time rhodium was above 1600 an ounce was dec 2011, I bought in at the time was about a 5 year low.
    I'm going to be looking to sell soon.
    Doubling my money in a little over 2 years even after the bid/ask and spot fee racquet, I can't complain.
    Then hold the cash till gold or silver hits a 2 to 3 year low.

2. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Over $1700 yesterday.

3. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Pd 1345/oz 2day for minted bar .
    Just need to wait when they start to hammer it back down when things look down .
    It will split when the jumping out windows starts

4. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Rh has been pretty flat for the past month and a half.
    It's at a 5 year high.
    If I would have took that $4000 and bought gold at the time I could have bought about 3 and a half ounces of cheap 2nd market bars.
    If I sold the Rh today and bought new golden Eagles I can buy 6 of them if they were 1,400 (they're going for around 1,380 at the moment).
    But gold is near a 2 year high now, so not going to be buying it right away, because I don't like losing money.

5. Cruisin Sloth

Ten Dollars in junk silver 1960 quarters netted 72$ fiat yesterday

6. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Rh shots up to 1760 in 2 days.
    Luckily for me I have been too preoccupied with working nights, trying to get our house rented to lock in the sale and kind of waiting for liberty to update their buy prices to reflect something greater than 1700 an ounce.

7. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

The language on the libertygoldandsilver dot com site has changed, looks like they want to buy rhodium bars now more than ever.
    I guess now that the price is up to nearly 1800 an ounce, now people want to buy it when it's at a 5+ year high.
    I don't understand people.

8. Cruisin Sloth

When CN & RK buy AU & AG like its going out of style , means come March 26-29 the Yuan / Rupal will start to controll the BIZ bank & the USD not backed from AU will flounder .
    Get ready for hyper inflation plus

9. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Platinum is not too far off a 6 or 7 year low.
    When Pt was near a 10 year low of 850, spot fees were 100 an ounce when I bought mine. Now spot fees are closer to 50 an ounce, making total price 1000 to 1030 for most products.
    I'm thinking it could take around 2 more years for Pt to do anything.
    So far I don't regret only buying 2 ounces of platinum.
    I do regret not blowing up my credit card balances buying 5 or 10 more ounces of rhodium. Rh could be heading to 2,000 an ounce, which is a normal price for it.

10. Cruisin Sloth

If your paying interest on a speculation , Ya bee nutz .
    or the stupid .GOV

Zimmy and 3cyl like this.
  11. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

When something is at a 7 to 10 year low there isn't much speculation.
    If I would have bought another rhodium bar on credit card I would have paid $300 or so in interest, depending on how fast I payed it back.
    It's something I will probably do in the future when I encounter a 10+ year low.

12. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

It finally closed above 1800 and is up so far today.
    Guess I'm holding on to it for the time being.
    After 6 weeks of not doing anything it's alive.
    Rhodium likes to creep higher and higher then crash. That's just what it does. It usually acts opposite of gold.

13. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Looks like rhodium may be set to go crazy.
    Word on the street is some industrial buyers are offering up to $2,000 an ounce for it.
    It's only the 2nd rarest natural occurring element on earth. When everyone wants it and no one can get, that's a problem. The price goes up. A lot.
    Definitely don't buy it now, it's nearing a 7 year high.
    The price could go to $3,000 an ounce.

Platinum isn't a bad buy right now. Apmex is offering platinum 2nd market bars for under $1,000.
    That's only $50 more than what I paid for it at a 6 year low.
    Considering about 7 to 8 of the last 10 years platinum has usually been well above 1000 an ounce.

14. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Rh is closing in on $1,900 an ounce.
    The only thing that makes me nervous is if it goes much higher having a direct deposit for more than $10,000 and the attention it draws.

Silver is not a bad by right now, I picked up dozens of ounces when the spot price was 16.25ish from my local dealer the other day. Ebay would have been a little cheaper, about $1 an ounce cheaper.

15. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Next time prices crash I am buying ruthenium.
    It's a platinum group metal which means it's rare. It's used in tons of electronics and hot side jet engine parts.
    Minimum order is 25 ounces so it has get pretty cheap for me to buy it.
    From what I can tell $250 an ounce is kind of high and $50 is low, maybe an all time low. I have been unable to locate a price chart.

16. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

oil pan 4 likes this.
  17. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Wow if I could have known that I would have bought 50 ounces of Ru at $55.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  18. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Platinum is down to about $950 per ounce with spot fees.
    I don't think platinum at 950 will be a huge money maker, but I think in the next 2 to 5 years one ounce of platinum will get 1 to 1.5, maybe even 2 ounces of gold.
    The normal price range for Platinum for about 6 of the last 9 years has been between 1200 and 1800 an ounce, sometimes seeing almost 2000 an ounce.
    I'm probably going to get some more platinum here soon.
    It's pretty close to a 15 year low.
    I think it's going to go down some more but a good portion of the drop will be made up with spot fees, as the spot price drops below 900.

Ganado likes this.
  19. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

The rhodium spot price has risen to 1,880 an ounce. The bid for a 5 ounce bar is $9,400.

When silver gets back around 16.25 an ounce I'm buying more. At this price it's not going to be a big money maker.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  20. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Platinum bars can be had for around $960 an ounce. I am strongly considering buying some real soon.

Silver is back down to to around 16.50 an ounce. Not a horrible buy. If you don't already have several hundred ounces it's not a bad time buy.

1. VisuTrac
  2. ED GEiN
  3. Ganado
  4. oil pan 4
  5. Motomom34
  6. oil pan 4
  7. T. Riley
  8. Bandit99
  9. oil pan 4
  10. thegoldlock.com
  11. Game Ends
  12. CATO