Do you ever wonder???

Discussion in 'Tin Foil Hat Lounge' started by scrapman21009, Nov 26, 2011.

1. gprod55

gprod55 Monkey+++

I agree and I got the rope.

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I kinda like the "Texas Drag 'em" method of dealing with seditious buggers. Works even where there are no trees.

Cephus and Falcon15 like this.
  3. 44044

44044 Monkey+++

You think?

4. strunk

strunk Monkey+

You absolutely are.

BUT! The best databases aren't necessarily run by the government. Advertisers have databases that rival anything the government has on the general population, and savvy agents have no problem getting that information on you without needing a warrant.

Ever really look at what kind of cookies a site tries getting you to download? The site cookies are usually benign... but then you'll get Google, Adclick, etc. And those are the cookies you see. Few people ever stop and consider Flash cookies.

These little harmless looking bits of information about you are valuable, they are bought and sold, and they are aggregated to form a more complete picture of who you are.

I'm not speculating on this. I have direct relevant experience with this practice, and with just how deeply partnered the agencies are with industry. The government doesn't have to collect data on you (legally, it's very messy for them to). But the law is a lot more easy going when it comes to private industry collecting data on you, and the government collecting that data via "National Security Letters" (when they want to target an individual) or wholesale licensing of the aggregated data.

5. strunk

strunk Monkey+

That can be somewhat mitigated, if you're using the right phone hardware. Try running CyanogenMod on your Android phone. It overwrites the operating system supplied by your carrier with an open source OS. It's still Android, but it's a kinder gentler Android.

Of course, you're still using a cell phone, and it's still giving up your location at the very least just by virtue of having power and a signal.

6. cranky1

cranky1 Monkey++

make no mistake, if you are a BAD GRANNIE, the rcmp will take you away!

weegrannymush likes this.
  7. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

Check out the list of words being monitored via DHS Publicly Available Social Media Monitoring and Situational Awareness Initiative

Privacy Pia Ops Publicly Available Social Media

I bet I've used almost every term on that list. Hell this post itself contains a couple.

8. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

Thank you for the link.

The Monkey or any gun forums are not on the published website watch list....yet.

9. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

You can bet some Alphabet Agency is keeping tabs on all survival, prepping,shooting/gun and othersimilar forums. On a site I am on, which requires an 'invite' to even get a login ID, our more net-savvy members have tracked 'visitor' IP's to ........ Langley, Va. The Goobermint makes sure they have a way in to ALL such websites - you think you are secure, butit's an illusion. Don't type something you wouldn't want your granny to read......

As to that 'list', sheesh. They may as well have the entire Webster's New International Dictionary listed....... so many basic common terms. Ah well, it keeps the Secret Squirrels in Langley busy..... 'job security'. [stirpot]

10. TinCanMan

TinCanMan Monkey+

the one thing i wonder about is: can they even still process all the data they´re gathering, or are they already drowning in all that bullcrap? Most of which is totally useless **** that will never get them anywhere probably. *lol*

Yeah, i wonder if in 2090, someone will say: "Oh my god, look what XYZ wrote on that forum back in 2011.... we should snatch him off the street... oh wait, nevermind... he died in 2029 already"

Cephus, BTPost and weegrannymush like this.
  11. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

Don't worry, they've got Playstations LOL

What the DoD’s PlayStation-powered Condor Cluster means for the future of supercomputing | SmartPlanet

12. peanut

peanut Monkey+

Like most of us haven't found our way onto a watch list before we found this site.

13. limpingbear

limpingbear future cancer survivor....

hell, ive ordered enough books from paladin press to be on a couple of watchlists....oh well....

tacmotusn and Cephus like this.
  14. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I may or maynot have my own watch list....copy...?

Seawolf1090 and peanut like this.
  15. strunk

strunk Monkey+

The guy a couple of doors down with the open wireless router is on a watch list.

Sorry 'bout that.

Seawolf1090 and mysterymet like this.
  16. BJC628

BJC628 Monkey+

Spoken like a true Patriot!! I wholeheartedly agree!!

17. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

I have a court document that says I am considered a threat to the peace and security of the state! I wanted to frame it and hang it in the den but the wife nixed the idea.
    It's nice to be recognized, to know that your accomplishments are not going unnoticed!

(y)

18. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I would love to read my file... To bad that file is not subject to the FOIA.... It would make fun reading... Oh well... .... YMMV.."

19. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

I'm thinking the exact terminology used to describe me was 'threat to the safe and secure operations of the state'

20. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

I had an LEO friend of mine run a check on me and it was pretty entertaining. It said "Known to use aliases" and had a list of the nom de plumes that I had used. Most were from fake ID's back in my teenage years but one really craked me up. After a wild night I found myself arrested for drunk in public. And I didn't want to be drunk in Publik, I wanted to be drunk in a bar but that's another story. But like Ron White I was feeling no pain and when the cop asked me for my name, I didn't tell him "they call me tater salad" but I did give him a phony name. On the report several years later it was said "known to go by, Pedro Quesadilla Rodriguez" [mex]

I could pass for a Mexican about as easily as a Rottweiler could pass for a Chihuahua!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7