Do You Have A Gun In Your House?

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Seacowboys, Aug 2, 2012.

1. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Part one above is right and fits the endangement of others, No problem if he's that stupid he needs a wake up call.

The Gent that says he he can't get a CHL is wrong if he is in my state, PTSD is not a Deal Killer unless you have put out death threats and/or stated you want to harm yourself.

So the story gets a bit more clear and not exactly what was first posted.

Now ask the PTSD a bit more and I'll bet he did in fact admit some things that he figured would get him his Disabilty but cost him his guns.

PTSD even if treated with meds is NOT, in my state, a reason to deny.

Then again who knows what was said.

Then again I assist others that do have PTSD.

2. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-4473-1.pdf

See #11-f

Then: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/stress/SR00053

If "they" think you might ever commit suicide...forget having a firearm legally.

3. HK_User

4. cdnboy66

cdnboy66 Monkey++

it's like you have a camera in my house

......must....not...be....paranoid.....

Yard Dart and Guit_fishN like this.
  5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Where I live, EVERYONE has a "Gun in their House"... and since my Doc, sails out to hunt, down the beach a couple of miles, every Opening Day, and stays with us, he knows the answer already, and for 99% of his patients. If any of my neighbors do NOT have a "Gun in their House" They are considered FlatLanders.... and have never spent a Winter here......

6. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

[pop]

7. TailorMadeHell

TailorMadeHell Lurking Shadow Creature

I agree. Nope, sorry. No guns here. Lost all in an unfortunate boating mishap. Now knives are a different story. Lol.

Yard Dart likes this.
  8. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I have no guns in my house;ok, I got a gun for hunting mooses... darrels moose hat.and granade launcher.

tacmotusn and BTPost like this.
  9. TailorMadeHell

TailorMadeHell Lurking Shadow Creature

I'd like to get me a moose gun.

10. wrc223

wrc223 Monkey+

Damned floods!!

The guns I could save I had to sell to buy materials to fix the house.

Sad sad story. :(

Yard Dart likes this.
  11. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

You have many moose in Alabama Sea? Other than the ones you wear on your head?

12. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

I think it depend's on Sea's level of intoxication- them ponies just may have Moose horns on them.

[deadhorse]

13. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

boat200019kw_284-jpg.
    boat200019kw_284-jpg. boat200019kw_284-jpg.

tacmotusn likes this.
  14. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Melbo, this picture brings up a memory, and evokes the comment of where is the common sense? I had a neighbor with a very similiar situation in a trailer park with his boat and his house trailer years ago. The firemen also were standing around twirling their thumbs as the boat burned and seriously endangered his home. I drove my Ford 4 x 4 within 10 feet of the boat trailer tongue. Front bumper to the boat trailer. Hooked a chain to the boat trailer and to the truck tow point on the front, and stomped on the gas in FWD and reverse. I drug the boat about 40 feet into an open yard. Stopped, unhooked from my truck, and backed away. Problem solved. Home saved. Firefighters free to roast weinies as boat burned (kidding sort of there. they kept it from spreading. saving nothing else. boat was a goner). I caught hell from fire department and police, but no charges were filed. Home owner of saved home was very happy. Man whose fence I backed thru would not allow me to reimburse him anything, but we worked together to effect the repairs to his fence and yard.
    boat200019kw_284-jpg. boat200019kw_284-jpg.

15. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

I stand behind what Guit_FishN is saying and anyone who wants proof go to the VA and make a statement of harming someone and having a gun. We have a VA aroud 20 mile outside of our jurisdiction and recieve no less than 5 or 6 calls a month to go check on a vet and if there is weapons to take them. Now before anyone gets upset we handle different than most it is how this person acts if we get there and he has shot up the neighborhood or has baricated himself in the house we take them until he has got the help needed. If we get there and he was pissed off at some quack Doctor and made a coment about foot to a$$ we leave them. Now where I have a problem is a person baricated in his home now I know if I'm there at this persons house for a lawful reason like him shooting through a neighbors house. But what about say a Doctor from 20 miles away calls and tells us hey I just talked to this guy, he is a Vet and has guns, While talking to him he made threats to hurt me or some of my staff. In my opinion at this point this guy has comitted no crime reason is there is no law against locking yourself in your home, As far as the threat it was over the phone or even face to face and there was no mention of using a firearm (so the intent really is not there). So what right would I have to go on this citizens property remove firearms he legally owns and remove him from his home for test when all he done was tell some Quack to kiss his arss. I do not have the right to do so and will not do so. I know I argue with th VA all of the time over this we all lose our temper and say things we don't mean and would never do. As for the CCW permits here if you have ever had a mental problem you can't get one and alot of times if you are a Vet they will check the VA for your ability to possess a CCW. Which we are lucky in my County the Sheriff loves guns and if a Vet comes in and criminal record is clean he gives the permitt and the Vet doesn't have to pay for the class. Sheirff says that the man was in the Military and knows how a gun functions and how it shoots so why make him pay to take a $100.00 class.

oldawg, BTPost, STANGF150 and 3 others like this.
  16. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

This was exactly the point I was trying to make that no one picked up on. The shrink in my example SAID the guy was dangerous.....put another way, ONE person can severely screw up your world if they take a notion to. Perhaps she doesn't like guns to begin with and thinks no one should have them--highly likely around here. Or, maybe he really was dangerous....we'll never know without a second opinion. But, in my opinion, in these situations, one person has too much power. There should be a consensus and there should be at least one doctor there who has treated men in other places than an office.

oldawg, STANGF150 and Alpha Dog like this.
  17. HK_User

Like I've now said 3 times.

The story changed from the original post.

And none of us knows exactly what was said to who and how the search transpired if/or a search warrent was signed and by who.

Sounds like a lot of mis direction and dog piling to me.

YMMV but I've seen it all before on other forums.

Have fun playing games.

18. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

If you all will recall, this senerio is exactly what happened to "Fatty Ham Radio Guy " (David Sarti) who appeared on that NG Prep'er Show... Went to a Doc, and during the conversation, the doc decided to send him to a Hospital for a test... He didn't go... so the Doc called the COPs.. He was arrested, went to court, and the court adjudicated him as a NutBall, and ATF came and took all his weapons.... Now he can't get anyone to listen to him at all, and has lost his Federal Gun Rights, with no recourse.... He may be a NutBall, for all I know, but if he just had a different conversation with the Doc, things would be different, or with a different Doc.... .....

19. HK_User

After reading and watching David Sarti's "works" on his problem It's pretty clear to me that he was Playing The NUT Ball Case for the Camera and for Donation Support.

It is Certainly his right to do so.

Who knows what he said in the DOCs office. Only a legal investigation might say, if he did say the wrong thing then the HIPPA rules do not apply.

If Thought to be a NUT Case it's better to keep your mouth shut from the get go than to prove you are a NUT CASE.

YMMV

20. HK_User

As usual some of the information was not correct, as shown below. Evidently the "FED" statement was incorect "Mr. Sarti’s firearms are no longer in his home, but they were not seized by the government."

You see I just hate half truths and he said she said crap.

That is the main reason I assist PTSD folks.

YMMV.

http://preppercentral.com/?tag=david-sarti

Doomsday Prepper David Sarti Update

February 16, 2012 Silent Prepper 1 Comment
    David-Sarti.
    I just watched a video that Mr. Sarti uploaded to YouTube. Apparently, the information we reported earlier in regards to Mr. Sarti and his firearms being seized was not completely accurate. Apparently, Mr. Sarti’s firearms are no longer in his home, but they were not seized by the government. Apparently, Mr. Sarti is challenging the label, so he does need assistance with a legal fund and you can find the link to it here.

If you are unable to donate funds at this time, you can sign the petition to have the Tennessee Governor expunge this from Mr. Sarti’s record. You can find the petition here. But enough from me, you can watch Mr. Sarti’s video for yourself.
    David-Sarti. David-Sarti.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7