1. The Topic of the Month for April 2017 is "Store what you use, use what you store." Please join the discussion on the Survival Topic of the Month forum.

do you have to re-log in every time you come here?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by melbo, Aug 1, 2005.

1. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

I do and it's annoying.

Try using the log in Button athe top instead of the quick log-in feature. check "Auto log me in"

see if that helps.

I'm looking for a solution to that too. might just be my security settings if not a problem for others

2. melbo

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I have to log in, but it's a one click operation. Username and password are saved and autofilled on the login page. MUCH easier than on the other forum where the timer cuts me out in a matter of minutes.

4. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Yeah what ghirt says, but it doesnt bother me, sorta like it that way, to heck with cookies! b :lol:

5. melbo

LOL, but if I were another board operator, I'd be freaked out that the online status shows only who really is active.........:eek:

6. melbo

Tracy, notice I added the "view" while you are posting?

7. Quigley_Sharps

:lol:

8. TLynn

TLynn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

9. TLynn

I didn't shut my computer down this morning so I didn't have to log in when I came home tonight. Last night I did have to log in.

I'll let you know tomorrow night when I get home from work since I will shut it down tomorrow morning before heading for work.

10. melbo

there is a problem with the way the cookie work. I had some wiz tech guys come look at the site under my test account Hillclimber. They told me how to do an update but I'm a bit nervous.

There are a couple of ADmin features that are still not working quite right. I'll do a full SQL backup and the PHP backup some night and then try the update.

11. melbo

I aded an update to the software today and I think it keeps one logged in now

Maybe it was most annoying to me as I kept going in and out of the CP to change things and I got sick of typeing melbo every 10 seconds...

b::

12. TLynn

It only seemed to affect me when I shut my computer down and then turned it back on.

I had no difficulty with being logged out till I came home tonight and had to log in.

13. Quigley_Sharps

yeah that could become a pain

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7