do you have to re-log in every time you come here?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by melbo, Aug 1, 2005.

1. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

I do and it's annoying.

Try using the log in Button athe top instead of the quick log-in feature. check "Auto log me in"

see if that helps.

I'm looking for a solution to that too. might just be my security settings if not a problem for others

2. melbo

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I have to log in, but it's a one click operation. Username and password are saved and autofilled on the login page. MUCH easier than on the other forum where the timer cuts me out in a matter of minutes.

4. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Yeah what ghirt says, but it doesnt bother me, sorta like it that way, to heck with cookies! b :lol:

5. melbo

LOL, but if I were another board operator, I'd be freaked out that the online status shows only who really is active.........:eek:

6. melbo

Tracy, notice I added the "view" while you are posting?

7. Quigley_Sharps

:lol:

8. TLynn

TLynn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

9. TLynn

I didn't shut my computer down this morning so I didn't have to log in when I came home tonight. Last night I did have to log in.

I'll let you know tomorrow night when I get home from work since I will shut it down tomorrow morning before heading for work.

10. melbo

there is a problem with the way the cookie work. I had some wiz tech guys come look at the site under my test account Hillclimber. They told me how to do an update but I'm a bit nervous.

There are a couple of ADmin features that are still not working quite right. I'll do a full SQL backup and the PHP backup some night and then try the update.

11. melbo

I aded an update to the software today and I think it keeps one logged in now

Maybe it was most annoying to me as I kept going in and out of the CP to change things and I got sick of typeing melbo every 10 seconds...

b::

12. TLynn

It only seemed to affect me when I shut my computer down and then turned it back on.

I had no difficulty with being logged out till I came home tonight and had to log in.

13. Quigley_Sharps

yeah that could become a pain

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7