Do You Prep At Work?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Meat, Sep 7, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

"cache" is a wide open interpretation and often misused - when you start talking about 100s of miles of possible post-SHTF travel you want more than a "cache" - because you should have a fuel depot stash at the necessary re-fuel points - could mean four or more 5 gallon fuel containers - a buried PVC pipe with energy bars won't be doing diddly for you with a stranded car ....

Gator 45/70 and Meat like this.
  2. The podcast was based on the idea that driving was not an option. It was more of an exercise in considering problems from multiple angles. The obvious answer was to find a job that did not require frequent travel. The other consideration was many people are not physically equipped for that kind of travel, so they would need to have a closer bug out option. After listening to the podcast I plan on taking a day to see how far I can reasonably travel loaded down, once gardening and winter prep is done.

Gator 45/70 and Meat like this.
  3. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Keeping an eye on Oil Pan, let him do the hard work.

oldawg, Gator 45/70 and Meat like this.
  4. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

No I'm lazy. I'm loading up a forklift and taking off with it.

oldman11, Gator 45/70 and Meat like this.
  5. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Yes, I prep or am prepared at work, that is why my boss calls me Radar. I am usually walking thru the door or having taken care of things before he yells for it. Always looking ahead and behind but also knowing the people you work with will helps. I know personalities/employees so knowing how each employee will react is very helpful.

Ganado, Mountainman, oldman11 and 3 others like this.
  6. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Caches have a way of getting found by people you don't want to find them yet seem to be impossible to locate when you need them. I've read of caches that were carefully concealed in the woods quite a ways away from trails and other popular area that had been ransacked when checked a few weeks later.

Curious to see how others conceal and then locate when needed. In addition how do you package so the contents is protected.

oldman11 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  7. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Used to ''work'' at 2 remote locations a few miles inland from the Gulf coast.
    Had 3 boats with engines,2 without.
    Both locations are self-contained,Nat gas generators,stocked can food,Plenty catfish and gators...things like that
    Fresh water wells too,Fellow could hang tough for months out there.
    Now I hang out with the wife and dogs,Have a deer camp too....Buggers mowed down everything I planted...I'll fix that when it cools off and in season.

Ganado, oldman11, oldawg and 2 others like this.
  8. Lancer

Lancer TANSTAFL! Site Supporter+++

Bury under rocks that appear too large to bother moving. Using a lensatic compass and a good topo map, take at least 4 bearings to landmarks that won't change. And put couple niobium magnets under the rocks. Scatter a bunch of junk iron/steel hardware all over the area to mess with the metal detectors. You trusty compass, (attached to the end of a stick to save your back), will respond nicely to the magnets.

9. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

I do prep at work....but given 99% of my work happens within a hundred yards or so, of my house, it makes it fairly easy to do. :D

oldawg, Ganado and Gator 45/70 like this.
  1. Coyote Ridge
  2. Yard Dart
  3. Yard Dart
  4. fl4848
  5. Motomom34
  6. Motomom34
  7. Yard Dart
  8. Yard Dart
  9. Yard Dart
  10. Coyote Ridge
  11. Motomom34
  12. Meat