Does anyone here use Scribd?

Discussion in 'Survival Reading Room' started by VHestin, Nov 1, 2011.

1. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

I've tried to access their website, but it loads mostly blank pages. I'm wondering if it's just because I have dialup, not hispeed internet. Really wanna get on there because whenever I do searches for free homesteading/self-sufficiency book downloads, they tend to be Scribd links.

2. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

I do. Post links to something you're interested in and I'll see if I can grab it for you. Scribd used to be all free but now you need to either pay or share something with them before you can download. I generally share a pdf then download or search around and find it elsewhere.

3. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

4. melbo

Scribd
    This content was removed at the request of Random House, Inc.
    Scribd
    Scribd
    Scribd
    Scribd
    Scribd
    The document 'Growing & Curing Tobacco' has been deleted
    Scribd
    The document 'Encyclopedia-of-country-living-Carla-Emery' has been deleted
    I have this and will find and upload later

Scribd
    The document 'Building A Bread Oven' has been deleted
    How To Treat and Heal Your Pet at Home?[/QUOTE]
    attached below

Scribd is now $9 a month, $5 a day or $59 a year

we have the series of book you were looking for first around here somewhere... look for 'files' at the top of the page towards the right...

Attached Files:

5. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Thank you VERY much! [bow]

My mother used to have the first few Foxfire books and somewhere along the way they went bye-bye. And she's not happy about that.

6. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

I've downloaded at least 2-3 thousand books (PDFs) useful for SHTF/ TEOTWAWKI ...... there are very useful features of SCRIBD that can save all kinds of time & efforts ...... using the "search" feature is probably everyone's first stab and probably the worst approach ..... find members with the same mindset as yourself ..... they'll have "downloads" to suit your taste ..... could have those downloads divided up into "collections" ...... for SHTF mindsets check out TNTCrazyLady and MoseySpeed ..... duplicates between the two but probably a thousand interesting items eazily ..... after digesting these two members, check out their "followers" ...... these following members will have similiar mindsets ...... more info to download

7. melbo

But haven't you noticed that Scribd now charges for downloads? $ or pdf in return.

Feel free to share your best of here: http://www.survivalmonkey.com/forum/downloads.php

8. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

9. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

Shared 13 Books in Exchange

SCRIBD have requested that I submit a non copywrite download 12 times in the last 18 months or so ...... great deal as far as I'm concerned ......

Nothing wrong with the SM site offerings, but I perseive some urgency in getting a broad knowledge database, off the internet, ASAP .....

tc556guy likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7