Dog Food Recall...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Aug 8, 2010.

1. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Just in case anyone is interested...This is the treat I made for the dog, and she LOVES it! Dr Whiting sent me to the site to get the recipe...I know, off topic...where am I supposed to put it? Make a sub forum off the recipe forum we don't have yet, for animal recipes? ;)

Ingredients:
    • 4 cups plain yogurt, low or fat free
    • 1 ripe banana
    • 1 cup of blueberries
    • 3 tbsp peanut butter, natural and salt free is preferred
    • 1 tsp vanilla extract
    Instructions:

1. Stir all of the ingredients together into a medium bowl.
    2. Pour into a blender, and puree until smooth.
    3. Pour the smoothie into ice cube trays and freeze.
    Storing - This recipe for dog treats, if frozen into smoothie pops, will last for 6 months or more in the freezer. You can keep the smoothie in it's liquid form, but keep it refrigerated for about a week.
    Yield - Using a 1/2 inch ice cube tray, you will make 32 PB & J Smoothie dog treats.
    Tips & Techniques

• Peanut Butter - If you use natural peanut butter, as the recipe calls for, it will be cold from the refrigerator. You will need to warm it up first, before adding it to the smoothie. Let the jar sit on the counter while you measure the other ingredients. Or, measure the amount and warm it in the microwave for 5 seconds.
    • Berries - Substitute other berries, like strawberry, raspberry or a mixed variety. Or, if fresh berries are not in season, you can use frozen berries.
    • For Humans - Your two-legged family members may want a taste. These homemade dog treats are quite tart, so most humans may not care for it. Add sugar, honey, or other natural sweetener to taste, and you can enjoy these Peanut Butter and Jelly smoothie pops, too!
    You will want to make this recipe for dog treats if your dog needs liquid dog vitamins and supplements, since they will not easily be detected. Or, make this recipe for a refreshing treat when it's hot, or just for a change of pace from the normal dog biscuit recipe. You'll love the ease of preparation, and your dog will love the taste.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7