Dog Shoots Master in Ass

Discussion in 'Turf and Surf Hunting and Fishing' started by Seacowboys, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

BRIGHAM CITY — It wasn't his dog's bark or bite that had a Brigham City man concerned, it was his aim.

A man was recovering Wednesday after being shot over the weekend by his dog.

A 46-year-old Brigham City man and a friend were duck hunting Sunday about 8:30 a.m. on the north end of the Great Salt Lake near the bird refuge, about 10 miles west of Brigham City.

The two had their canoe-like boat in a shallow marsh area when the man got out of the boat to either set up or collect decoys. He laid his 12-gauge shotgun across the bow of the boat, said Box Elder County Sheriff's Chief Deputy Kevin Potter.
    <q>(The dog) did something to make the gun discharge. I don't know if the safety device was on. It's not impossible the dog could have taken it off safety.</q>
    –Deputy Kevin Potter​

After the man got out of the boat, a dog inside the vessel jumped up on the bow and stepped on the gun. The gun fired and shot the man in the buttocks.

Medical crews later removed 27 pellets of birdshot.

"(The dog) did something to make the gun discharge," Potter said. "I don't know if the safety device was on. It's not impossible the dog could have taken it off safety."

The men called 911 and walked to the main road to wait for emergency crews. The fact the man was wearing waders likely helped prevent a more serious injury, Potter said. The gun was fired from approximately 10 feet away, he said.

Potter did not have information on the type of dog that stepped on the shotgun.

Even though the two were duck hunting near a bird refuge, Potter said it was legal.

2. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Now that's a home defence gun dog worth breeding

Just need to train it to point the gun at the bad guys.

3. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

In the next day's newspaper - "Free dog to good home - like the outdoors."

;)

Tracy likes this.
  4. weegrannymush

weegrannymush Monkey+

I can just hear the ducks a-chortling....revenge at last!!!!

5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

The dog taught the "master" a lesson about leaving loaded guns unattended. Glad the wounds weren't too bad, and hope the lesson was learned. 27 new assholes in one rip, ah, that's a thought --

BTPost likes this.
  6. jasonl6

jasonl6 Monkey+++

Several years ago i was working in my garage building some project. My dog came in and bumped the airline going to my brad nail gun (a cheap harbor freight gun) when the gun hit the floor it discharged a 1 9/16" nail into my calf muscle. It hurt pretty bad. God could have cared less.

Jason

7. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Ok, which is worse, this dog, or,...hunting with an "un-named" politician?

Rabid likes this.
  8. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Send that dog here. I need a replacement for current raccoon patrol.

9. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

The dog was just helping its master

The dog was just helping its master in earning a Darwin Award...unfortunately its master lucked out...better luck next time. A second and successful attempt for a DA should earn bonus points! ; )

10. Dogfood

Dogfood Monkey+++

I wonder if the guy's wife trained the dog :D

11. Rabid

Rabid Monkey

Put the dog on the next ticket, he may get elected.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7